Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sins: Entrenchment

Sins of a Solar Empire: Entrenchment

This follow up was released on not long ago ( February 2009). I love the looks of it.

The download is available at www.impulsedriven.com for the price of $9.99.

They finally made star bases and new defenses! OH! My heart sings for my fortress is finally here... I am going to get it after I get the patch and my account to work...

"Entrenchment adds a host of new features including starbases, defense upgrades, a new defense technology tree, mine fields, and hundreds of enhancements to both the gameplay and graphics of the game."

"Developer Ironclad plans on producing additional micro-expansions to Sins of a Solar Empire over the next year. The next one is scheduled to enhance the diplomacy features of the game."

About Stardock
    (by some worker at Stardock)

"Stardock is one of the world's leading developers and publishers of PC games and desktop software. Its PC games include Sins of a Solar Empire, the highest rated and best selling PC strategy game of 2008 as well as the critically acclaimed Galactic Civilizations series. Its desktop software includes Object Desktop, WindowBlinds, and a host of other programs for customizing the Windows experience. Learn more about Stardock by visiting www.stardock.com."

taken from:
    http://www.impulsedriven.com/news/12...ady_for_Action

Also, it was previewed by IGN at this address http://pc.ign.com/articles/948/948209p1.html.
    Last edited by BeSiege82; 03-03-2009, 12:59 PM.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: Sins: Entrenchment

I bit down and spent the $10 on the micro-expansion.

Hopefully this will help us out when we decide to go up against the insane AI. :p
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Did you just buy it after I posted this?

Also, I am probably going to buy it myself, but we will have to try it out. Well, I know in a couple of months summer vacation will be here, so I guess we will have to wait until then to try to get the long battle raging.

Tell me how it is, please.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Actually I bought it before I even saw your post. I got so bored that I decided to browse through Impulse and see if there were updates for SINS. Lo' and behold, Entrenchment was released with the addition of "assault cruisers", so that really piqued my interest. I figured $9.95 would have gone into food or something else in a month's time, so why not spend it on something that'll make SINS even more enjoyable. ;)
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

The whole point of this expansion was to slow down gameplay and make late tier development more viable. We all know Sins was basically "broken" in that there was no reason to turtle or even EVER invest in anything above tier 3, because by that time the game was usually already won. Hell, anyone ever gotten a Cap ship to max level?? I havent. Culture wins?? nope. Max fleets? nope.

That's a waste of game design. So, in reality what they're doing with the expansion is fixing the game. Only problem is, it shoulda been a patch. :)

Anyways, it really opens up the game and makes it even better. If you dont have it you're basically gimped imo.

Me and amu have been talking about trying to consolidate the strategy gaming at TG, hence a reason why you now see an xfire strat group. We're gonna work on getting the TS channels under a main heading so it's easier to locate players. Most of us play all the same games and this Spring looks to be the hottest season EVER for strategy titles... so it's good timing.

Comment

cool...

One thing to consider is how many will buy it. How many will?

I'm going to try today.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
              The whole point of this expansion was to slow down gameplay and make late tier development more viable. We all know Sins was basically "broken" in that there was no reason to turtle or even EVER invest in anything above tier 3, because by that time the game was usually already won. Hell, anyone ever gotten a Cap ship to max level?? I havent. Culture wins?? nope. Max fleets? nope.

That's a waste of game design. So, in reality what they're doing with the expansion is fixing the game. Only problem is, it shoulda been a patch. :)

Anyways, it really opens up the game and makes it even better. If you dont have it you're basically gimped imo.

Me and amu have been talking about trying to consolidate the strategy gaming at TG, hence a reason why you now see an xfire strat group. We're gonna work on getting the TS channels under a main heading so it's easier to locate players. Most of us play all the same games and this Spring looks to be the hottest season EVER for strategy titles... so it's good timing.
              Um, that XFire group has been around for quite a while. Seeing how he only recently got around to approving some past applications, it seems it's only beginning to get off the ground. (No offense to the lovable Amu intended. :))

As for cap ships to max level: yes and no. For me, I find larger maps (multiple "galaxies") and bad luck leads me to have a smaller fleet size, more cap ships taking the brunt of the work, and usually a few of them eventually get to level 10.

What are you talking about when you say "tier 3"? If you're talking about fleet max size upgrades, most of the MP games I've played have lasted several hours and I usually go 7-9 max fleet levels before a game is even won.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                Um, that XFire group has been around for quite a while. Seeing how he only recently got around to approving some past applications, it seems it's only beginning to get off the ground. (No offense to the lovable Amu intended. :))

As for cap ships to max level: yes and no. For me, I find larger maps (multiple "galaxies") and bad luck leads me to have a smaller fleet size, more cap ships taking the brunt of the work, and usually a few of them eventually get to level 10.

What are you talking about when you say "tier 3"? If you're talking about fleet max size upgrades, most of the MP games I've played have lasted several hours and I usually go 7-9 max fleet levels before a game is even won.
                tier 3 hostility upgrades is what I meant.
                Usually, by that time the initial rush has decided the game... that's what I'm getting at. There isnt enough available defense at the lower levels to combat this... before the expansion.

You're right though, in longer games obviously you can get pretty close to maxing out... but, even still many times you dont or you dont have to... small, fast, skirmish fleets can get it done.

It's a great game regardless, but obviously this xpac made it better.

Comment

Though, if you are like Nerd, you go nuts on the military budget and research the TEC Novalith.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't even know how to admin the page until this week..
                    I was always checking it and had left it so anyone could join.. didn't know I needed to approve applications.
                    Sounds weak I know but it's the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
                      tier 3 hostility upgrades is what I meant.
                      Usually, by that time the initial rush has decided the game... that's what I'm getting at. There isnt enough available defense at the lower levels to combat this... before the expansion.

You're right though, in longer games obviously you can get pretty close to maxing out... but, even still many times you dont or you dont have to... small, fast, skirmish fleets can get it done.

It's a great game regardless, but obviously this xpac made it better.
                      Oh those. I don't really bother with half of those. I really concentrate only on offensive stuff like bomber range and hi-cap missles/bombs.

Originally posted by amu107.9 View Post
                      Yeah, I didn't even know how to admin the page until this week..
                      I was always checking it and had left it so anyone could join.. didn't know I needed to approve applications.
                      Sounds weak I know but it's the truth.
                      It's confusing the first few times through. Since you have a hand of it now, you can also allow others to recruit new members and approve of them.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                        It's confusing the first few times through. Since you have a hand of it now, you can also allow others to recruit new members and approve of them.
                        Yup did that already.

Comment

yay

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X