SoaSE - Diplomacy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoaSE - Diplomacy

Sins of a Solar Empire - Diplomacy has been released for a while now, and I just bought it and downloaded it.
    I have yet to play and I don't know what the new features do, but I was wondering: has anybody else here on TG played it, and what is your opinion of it? :)
    sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Re: SoaSE - Diplomacy

Now, is it worth buying?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
      Now, is it worth buying?
      Personally, I'd say yes.
      The AI was much improved: it is way more agressive, has better build and research priorities, it's much better at managing its own fleets, can use the capital ships' special abilities more effectively and the new diplomacy system is pretty well done.
      Basically, each AI player has an opinion about you and the others; this opinion is calculated in a way that reminds me of Civilization 4 diplomacy, with the final opinion as a sum of all the action and variables in play: if you are of a different race, then you have a malus; if you have territories bordering said race, then you have a malus; if you are an enemy of an AI enemy, then you have a bonus; if you helped an AI in combat or by completing assignment, then you have a bonus; and so on...
      It's still relatively easy to have a Cease Fire treaty with most AI players, but it takes more time, resources and is a definite improvement on the previous versions of SoaSE.
      Another addition are race-specific researches that you can do to give yourself and an ally of a different race a bonus in a particular sector: only one per ally can be researched, and different races give different bonuses, encouraging players to become allies of a different race. Lastly it's now possible to have shared victories, so that at the end you don't have to slug it out with an AI that was allied with you since the first few hours of game (unless you want to, of course).

So yeah, I think it's worth buying and is not that expensive anyway. :)
      sigpic

Comment

I have the Entrenchment expansion for Sins, but is the AI vastly different?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
          I have the Entrenchment expansion for Sins, but is the AI vastly different?
          Well, when playing regular SoaSE I was able to hold my own against several AIs, then I switched to Entrenchment and was having trouble at normal difficulty; after a while I got much better and, again, I was able to win without too much trouble. Then I switched to Diplomacy, and again I'm having trouble against the AI: although ship technology is the same as in Entrenchment (only new entry: diplomat ship), the AI was much improved, and there's the new Diplomacy system that is quite interesting.
          If you ignore the diplomacy aspect entirely, it's like playing regular SoaSE - Entrenchment but with an improved AI.
          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...