GMR: "This is MY Continent" (TMC) Game Format Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMR: "This is MY Continent" (TMC) Game Format Discussion

So, I'd like to organize a GMR hotseat game which is tentatively targeted for a standard size map with 6 players. Game format is up for discussion but I'll propose the following to get us started.

Nations: Random
    Mods/Expansions: None, no DLC nations
    Map Type: Continents
    Map Size: Standard (up to 8 players, hoping for 6)
    Game Pace: Standard
    Game Era: Classical Era (for a quicker start)
    City States: 12

Advanced Game Options

Allow Policy Saving
    Allow Promotion Saving
    Disable Start Bias
    Raging Barbarians

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Re: GMR: "This is MY Continent" (TMC) Game Format Discussion

Sounds good to me.

Comment

me too :-)

Comment

Affirmative.

Comment

Great!

What I forgot to mention was the timer. During the test run I verified your turn will get skipped if the timer expires and 12 hours was a bit tight on a couple of occasions.

Are you guys fine with running with say a 14 hour timer? Given its a hotseat game I still think it's worth trying to get a bit faster turnaround time but it does mean some extra flexibility from the players. I'm not a big fan of rushing out a turn before I go to work (for example) but I'll do it. :)

With 3 players we averaged 4 turns a day which was outstanding. With 6 players I'd expect that to drop... a lot. lol

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

I have no problem with the increased timer. I too found the 12 hour timer to be a bit tight on a couple of occasions. Otherwise, we all seemed to keep our turns rather brief.

Comment

I'd rather see 14 at a minimum. I've got a plant maintenance event coming up late September and there's a good chance I'll be working 12's.

Snarlin

Comment

We did really well in our test with a 12 but there were a couple times I had to do a rush early morning turn because of the 12 hour timer. I agree with doing a 14 or even a 16 if everyone sees fit.

Comment

May have Red on the hook. Sent him the link to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashenhart View Post
                    ... 14 or even a 16 if everyone sees fit.
                    16 would probably give a more comfortable buffer than 14. I could care less if we set it to 24. I can't see a scenario where one of us would sit around intentionally abusing the timer.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
                      16 would probably give a more comfortable buffer than 14. I could care less if we set it to 24. I can't see a scenario where one of us would sit around intentionally abusing the timer.
                      16 seems like a reasonable compromise.

Personally I don't see it as an issue of intentionally abusing the timer but instead one of procrastination. ;) We're all busy and I think this is just a small way of reminding us to give the game a bit higher priority in our to do list then what might otherwise be the case. Our 3 player game went fast. As mentioned before I expect a 6 person game to be an entirely different experience. But of course there's only one way to find out for sure. :)

4 of us have basically signed up thus far and if Redwolf makes an appearance that would be 5. If we can get interest in a 6th (or more) then it seems like we'd be ready to make a go of it and I won't bother with an official sign up thread as per past games.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Let me talk to Ribs (my son) today. I think he just re-loaded Steam onto my second computer and may be playing a single player Civ-V game now. Will let you know.

Comment

Ribs is in.

Comment

Originally posted by Snarlin View Post
                            Ribs is in.
                            Excellent! Just need your steam ids plus we need to get Red in here. If anyone knows someone else who would like to play then please do speak up. :)

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Sign me up. Steam ID is destes04.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X