• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BNW Pitboss] Back to the Future - Signups

TG BNW: Back to the Future (BF)

Game Starts on Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Goal

It's been a long time since we had a Pitboss game here at TG. Civilization 5, despite making combat changes which begged for MP, was released with mediocre MP support and nothing in the way of a dedicated server. Here we are years later and Firaxis has finally released a SDK on Steam which has the desired functionality.

So here we go to give it a try and have fun! Nothing fancy is being proposed format wise unless players have a preference. You will need however the latest Brave New World expansion.

Please read the remainder of this post in its entirety.

Expectations and Rules

This game will last months. If you don't have the patience to stick with the game until it ends then this is not the game for you.

TG's gaming philosophy will be in full effect. This is our first run with Civ V Pitboss so we'll deal with problems as they arise. All issues are expected to be raised in a timely manner, no more than 1 turn after it happened. Note: we used to need to worry about warring players doing back to back turns for an unfair advantage. Now it appears Civ V has a turn mode feature to do that for us. :)

The TG web site, especially this forum and private messaging (PM), are going to be the main means for players to discuss the game. Please check them on a regular basis once the game starts and remember that diplomacy is highly encouraged!

Game Format

Victory

All victory types will be enabled. BUT...the reality is that I have yet to see one actually used. Multiplayer games usually end via player consensus and usually after lots of fighting. Don't neglect your defenses! ;)

Settings:
    • City States - Default based on Map Size
    • Map Type: Continents
    • Map Size: Depends on # of Players
    • Game Pace: Normal
    • Game Era: Ancient
    • Turn Mode: Hybrid (warring players take turns sequentially)
    • World Age: 4 Billion Years
    • Temperature: Temperate
    • Rainfall: Normal
    • Sea Level: Medium
    • Resources: Standard

Game Options Enabled:
    • Enable Turn Timer - 24 hours
    • Pitboss

Nation Assignments

Nations and their leaders will be assigned randomly.

Difficulty Level

The difficulty level being used is Prince.

Server Connection Instructions

Configure your turn notification settings.

Start Civilization 5.
    From the Main Menu, select Options, then select Multiplayer Options.
    Fill out the options in the Pitboss Turn Notification box. Recommend using email turn notifications because they can be seen anywhere you have email access.
    Example Options using a Gmail account
    Steam Invite: No
    Email: Yes
    Email Address: [email protected]
    Click Accept.

Join the Pitboss game.

Internet Pitboss games can be joined thru the Internet Pitboss Games screen. Goto Main Menu->Multiplayer->Pitboss->Internet.
    Private games will be joined by typing in the game's IP address into the Connect to IP Address option and hitting ENTER. The option is located at the bottom of the screen.

At game start:

Do NOT adjust any player settings including nation (Random Leader) and difficulty (Prince).
    Ready up by clicking the Ready Status checkbox for the local player.
    You can now exit the game. You will be given a turn notification when the game has started. Note that the turn timer remains at 0 until all players have done their turn.

After game start:

Ready up by clicking the Ready Status checkbox for the local player.
    You should be able to play your turn normally, at which point you can disconnect when you are done.

The IP address will be given out via private message at game start. Apparently there is no password protection on the server so this is an easy precaution to take.

End Game

The end of the game will be determined either by player vote or by an in game victory condition being met. In the case of the vote, the following procedure is to be followed:

1. A vote to end the game may be called by any player but may not be called within 30 days of the previous vote (if any).

2. The vote will be held in these forums for a period of 1 week. Every attempt will be made to get a yes or no vote from each player but in the event a player can not be reached it shall be counted as a 'yes' vote.

3. At the end of the week, if a yes vote results in the game ending then the player with the highest score at that time will be the winner unless they concede the victory to someone else.

The game will start on Sunday, February 16 at approximately 5:00 pm GMT (12:00 pm EST). You may sign up at any point before game start.

The game/server supports 12 players. If more than 12 people sign up, priority will be given to TG supporting members, then to TG account members who have signed up themselves, followed by everyone else. Anyone not given a starting position is encouraged to be a substitute.

To reserve a spot, please reply to this topic with:
    • Please acknowledge that you have read and understood the first message of this signup topic:
    • Civ5/Steam Player Name:
    • Time Zone:

Participants

The list will be updated as responses come in. Supporting members are listed in bold. 3 of 12 spots are filled.

Bernout
    Draeh
    Snarlin

Reserves
    Last edited by Bernout; 02-06-2014, 09:12 AM.

|TG-MD6|

Re: [BNW Pitboss] Back to the Future - Signups

Please acknowledge that you have read and understood the first message of this signup topic: Read and understood
    Civ5/Steam Player Name: |TG-MD6| Bernout
    Time Zone: MST

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Please acknowledge that you have read and understood the first message of this signup topic: Roger.
      Civ5/Steam Player Name: |TG18| draeh
      Time Zone: EST

Comment

Please acknowledge that you have read and understood the first message of this signup topic: Read and understood
        Civ5/Steam Player Name: |TG-MD6| Snarlin
        Time Zone: CST

Comment

Civ5/Steam Player Name: |TG-MD6| mp40x
          |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

Please acknowledge that you have read and understood the first message of this signup topic: Affirmative
            Civ5/Steam Player Name: Ashenhart

Comment

Please acknowledge that you have read and understood the first message of this signup topic: Affirmative
              Civ5/Steam Player Name: halcyonforever

Comment

To reserve a spot, please reply to this topic with:
                •Please acknowledge that you have read and understood the first message of this signup topic: Yup
                •Civ5/Steam Player Name: Steam ID is da_Vinci, but sometimes Civ V labels me with my first name.
                •Time Zone: US EST

Is there a test game that we can try signing into? This would be my first excursion into pit boss with Civ V

dV

Comment

Civ5/Steam Player Name: Olo (steam account: valimyr81)
                  Time Zone: CET

Comment

Civ5/Steam Player Name: Octavian

Comment

Originally posted by da_Vinci View Post
                      Is there a test game that we can try signing into? This would be my first excursion into pit boss with Civ V
                      No test game. We'll just have to hope for the best but given there's nothing extra that needs to be done on the player's end, it should be ok. Of course getting your email notifications to work may be another story entirely. ;) Snarlin had some kind of issue in our test run which I don't think he took the time to track down.

Anyhow, the admins haven't given me back my moderator privs yet so I can't edit my first post. The player list currently looks like:

Participants

The list will be updated as responses come in. Supporting members are listed in bold. 9 of 12 spots are filled.

Bernout
                      Draeh
                      Snarlin
                      mp40x
                      Ashenhart
                      halcyonforever
                      da_Vinci
                      Olo
                      octavian

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Originally posted by Bernout View Post
                        Anyhow, the admins haven't given me back my moderator privs yet so I can't edit my first post. Bernout
                        Hmm, did you get demoted for being AWOL? If I were demoted for that, you'd have to break me all the way back to unborn.

Now, to figure out which of these names is an alias for oyzar ...

dV

Comment

Originally posted by da_Vinci View Post
                          Hmm, did you get demoted for being AWOL? If I were demoted for that, you'd have to break me all the way back to unborn.

Now, to figure out which of these names is an alias for oyzar ...
                          lol. Not demoted, just lost them during a forum upgrade I think. In any case we'll make due. :)

Last call for players! I'll send out the PMs as soon as I can Sunday morning and we'll get this started.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Downloading BNW now... so this really will be a BNW for me. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Ashenhart View Post
                              Downloading BNW now... so this really will be a BNW for me. :-)
                              The sad part is I bought the expansion months ago and never did play a game with it yet. ;)

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...