Next Pitboss Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Pitboss Game

So, kind of slow getting this going but would like to get sign ups completed and the game started by the end of the month.

First things first tho. What would people like to see for the game format? Any preferences?

I do know that we need to do an experiment and see if they fixed the automatic war turn sequencing. That would be huge if they did. :)

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Re: Next Pitboss Game

Up for anything... Civ related that is... I do have a few standards left.

Comment

oh another pitboss is coming up?
      if it is not too late to sign up im in

Comment

Maybe we need to PM our previous compatriots to see if they are interested. They don't seem to frequent the forums much.

Comment

Ok, so both time and interest are failing me at the moment as you may have noticed. Sorry. If someone else wants to take the initiative and get things organized then I'd be happy to host the server again.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Ah, the dragon wakes ! Or is it the pit boss phoenix rising from the ashes?

I'd be up for it.

Two thoughts come to mind ... is England's LB just too overpowered for this, so that we don't let anyone take England?

Second, is Great Library overpowered, so that it's holder gets an insurmountable tech lead? This one might be manageable by an alliance against the GL player ... provided it is not ENGLAND ! ... lol

I kind of like pre-set teams (two of them), clear, unchanging objectives. Also might consider no city states, just a military victory.

I could help with some of the organizing. We might want to see if folks are more reachable on CFC (Morgan, for example, maybe others?)

dV

Comment

Work and taxes kept me busy of late, I will try to reach out to our previous group and see if there is interest.

dV

Comment

Originally posted by da_Vinci View Post
                Work and taxes kept me busy of late, I will try to reach out to our previous group and see if there is interest.
                Thanks dV!

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Originally posted by da_Vinci View Post

dV
                  Definitely!!!

Comment

I'm in if everyone else is interested.
                    |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

I'll go see if I can find morgan at CivFanatics, and see if other priors hang out there too.

So far seems that we have Bernout, draeh, Olo, mp40x and dV interested.

From last run, we need to contact Ashenhart, Snarlin, Morgan (KingMorgan here, or is that at CFC?), possibly Warlab (unless this is not his cup of tea), and there was a post in the prior thread by Noyava expressing interest. I will send of some PM's tonight.

What to folks think about the question of whether England is too overpowered? Thoughts about two teams on a pangea? If we only get five, consider 5 humans as a team playing at King (or higher if we dare) vs. 7 AI as one team?

dV

Comment

i dont think england is overpowered the same thing can be done with any civ it only take slightly different approach
                        in my opinion it was the great wall that allowed me to beat everyone at once not england
                        but there is one rule: if you have england close dont let them survive till medieval
                        when longbows becomes obsolete they dont have anything special anymore

Comment

I'm still interested! If you have space definitely send me an invite.

Comment

Originally posted by Olo View Post
                            i dont think england is overpowered the same thing can be done with any civ it only take slightly different approach
                            in my opinion it was the great wall that allowed me to beat everyone at once not england
                            but there is one rule: if you have england close dont let them survive till medieval
                            when longbows becomes obsolete they dont have anything special anymore
                            Ya, the Great Wall seems overpowered. I thought in IV it only applied to the cities you had when you built it?

Depending on the RNG no one may end up getting England anyhow.

I like the idea of working together if the AI can put up a decent fight.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Warlab said in a PM that he will have to pass this time around, some RL issues make his steady participation uncertain.

dV

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X