Civilization IV - Friday 10/28 - 8PM EASTERN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization IV - Friday 10/28 - 8PM EASTERN

Anyone up for a game tonight around 8PM Eastern?

Time is flexible, we can have tons of slots open so if several people want to get in on it. Feel free to express your interest here!
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Civilization IV - Friday 10/28 - 8PM EASTERN

I'll hop on and give it a shot. I haven't even completed the tutorial yet, but I'll try and finish it before I hop on.

Comment

I am down for this. I don't have work today however I have to leave like around 11 or 12 because I have work at 7:30 in the morning on Saturday.
      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I have a childbirth education class on Saturday morning too. So I can't stay up terribly late either. But it looks like we have 3 ready to go. Any more?

Comment

Deep breaths!

Going to try to pick it up today. If I get it running I'll join.
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

will try and have my first ever game with you guys ;)
            From Adam Webb

Comment

K I will hope on the TS server around 7:50 EST. BTW Does anyone else not work on Sunday. If we could get a Saturday game in too that would be great. I don't work on Sundays so I could play Civ until the sun hits me in the face on Sunday morning.
              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

Wanna get a few single player games under my belt before diving into multiplayer.

Comment

Did you guys get this game to work? Myself, Nickhastapee and Squeak were unsuccessful in getting a game to last longer than a few turns...

Multiplayer seems to be very unstable...
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

^^^Yes we were fine. ATI cards?
                    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                      I dunno about Nick or Squeak, but I've got nVIDIA. Alt-tabbing crashed my game several times. The in-game browser was horrible and would not display or scroll correctly quite often. Once we managed to start a game, it froze before we could make our first turn one time, then when Nick and I managed to start a game, it had network issues that caused it to freeze after just a few turns...

I'm not impressed with my first night of playing this game...

Single player seems cool, though!
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                        Yea, i've got an ATI, but I dont think thats the issue because it runs single player flawlessly. It might just be our connections, but I do agree that the multiplayer has given me nothing but trouble so far.

Comment

Originally posted by MilesTeg
                          Wanna get a few single player games under my belt before diving into multiplayer.
                          i tend to agree, im playing my first game, and winning easy, but however thats because its on the easiest level and ive got no idea how GOOD im really doing...
                          From Adam Webb

Comment

On Friday I played with Apophis, Azreal, and GMCustom. I had one CTD that resulted in another CTD when I tried to jump right back in. A reboot fixed the problem and I didn't CTD again. We had a few sync problems that seemed to correct themselves. I think we had to reload a save game once. I don't remember exactly since Apo and I were on for around 6 hours.

Apo was kicking butt on the Noble level AI if you want to get a feel for how good you're doing. I was struggling and probably would have had serious problems with the AI if Apo wasn't there to take on the brunt of their forces. I always stop my agressive expansion too soon, I should have grabbed more territory to increase my chances of having much needed strategic resources. I had the tech for railroads, bombers and gunships but I didn't have oil or coal and I needed to start a war to get it.

EDIT: Next time I think I'll try a smaller map, whatever size Apo picked was too big. We stopped about 2/3(I'm guessing) of the way through.

Comment

Depending on the victory conditions, the map size really doesn't play a factor. We were using the cultural/space race conditions, so a military victory wasn't a necessity. I've found that on the non-military victory conditions, the larger maps actually help you get to the end quicker rather than later.

As far as expansion goes. The very first thing I do once I get my 2-3 base cities built is to start sending settlers out far and wide until I hit one of the other teams. I start building a wall of cities along their front lines and then work on the expansion from my main cities outwards and the remote cities inwards. It helps you secure a larger land mass and gives you a greater probability of getting those important resources you'll need later in the game on your own turf. There's nothing worse than having to worry about trade relations with a hostile country in order to get oil or uranium.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X