Is this still being played?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this still being played?

Hmm, there doesn't seem to have been any recent Civ4 activity around here. Are people still playing this game (through TG, at least)? Would people be interested in, say, a weekly (Saturdays, for example) game?

Re: Is this still being played?

I'd be interested in a regular weekend game IF the multiplayer bugs have been worked out.

There were a number of us that bought the game and tried to play it for a few weeks after it was released, but the multiplayer code was so crappy that it was usually unplayable.

I've recently reformatted and haven't reinstalled CivIV, but I'll try to get it back on my HDD ASAP!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Hmm, with the latest 1.52 patch, I've had sessions with some friends as host, and I haven't really had any major problems. Seems pretty stable, from what I've seen. Lots of fun.

Comment

Well, then, let's get a few more people to chime in here and then schedule a time!

Weekends only for me...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yeah, most likely time for me to host would be on Saturday, likely during the afternoon/evening EST (GMT -5) time. Something like starting from 8-10PM GMT for a couple of hours every week or so.

It could be FFA, or maybe coop (2v2? 2v2v2? 3v3?). Simultaneous turns in order for the game to be feasible.

Overall, this can be pretty flexible depending on people's preferences.

Comment

If the bugs are fixed, I'm interested as well!
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I keep meaning to boot this up, but work, BF2, EVE, and now Grandia III have been eating up my time. I'm down with getting my butt kicked in multiplayer some time.
              In game handle: Steel Scion
              sigpic

Comment

I'd like to try some serious multiplayer as well.

Comment

What do you guys prefer? FFA, team PvP, or coop against AI?

Comment

I'm still interested, I also experience to buggy of gameplay in MP. If it's stable now then i'm all for a game.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Cadian
                      It is easier to match up with 1 person as opposed to many therefore I tend to play coop vs all AI.

team PvP would be good if you were to get more players.
                      Which is exactly what I'm trying to do. There seems to be enough interest, so I plan on hosting weekly sessions on Saturdays.

Comment

I play very infrequently, it's hard to get a good game going even in single player when you have to divide your time between RL: Fiancee, weddiing, school, and work, and Virtual: CS:S, internet, anime, Civ IV, FFXI, and various console games. Civ IV falls to the bottom of my list of priorities, but that's not to say that this game isn't awesome.

Comment

Well, this thread is kinda old now. Are these weekly games still happening? MUST PLAY CIV
                          veh-JEET
                          No, it doesn't mean anything...yet

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...