Saturday, Feb 25th - Session #1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, Feb 25th - Session #1

Okay, since there still seems to be some interest in TG for this game, I'm going to host a game this Saturday. This will be around, say, 9-10PM GMT and will last a couple of hours. I'll be fairly flexible (+/- a few hours), so those interested could post their preferences re: time, so that we can accommodate you.

Simultaneous turns. Most of the other settings are flexible (we could even randomize them). Gamespeed will be quick if people just want a one-shot session, and could be increased to perhaps epic (my fav) if the same players want to continue the game on a weekly basis.

State your preference re: free-for-all, team PvP, or coop vs AI. Depending on how many sign up, perhaps one will be more preferable to another, but let's see what the players would rather have. If it's FFA, there is to be no metagaming, no alliances outside the game because you're friends or whatever. That just ruins the game for everyone. In FFA, anything goes.

If there's fewer players, perhaps going against AI would be the best method. If we're at least 5-6, perhaps FFA, or 3v3 or 2v2v2. We'll see.

So, who would like to sign up? Preferably, it would be people who would be willing and available for weekly sessions on Saturday at the same time. If not, then we'll have a one-shot session. If we do make weekly sessions, and you can't make for one week, you should find a replacement, or we could find one on this forum.

(Logistically speaking, we should probably limit it to max 5-6 players. I'm not sure how well it would run with more, since I've never tried it).

Also, remember to have the latest 1.52 patch.
    Last edited by Llyranor; 02-21-2006, 08:22 PM.

Re: Saturday, Feb 25th - Session #1

4-5PM EST

I suggest we do a FFA and that a few AI are thrown in the mix to allow for late joiners to enter the game.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Llyranor
      Also, remember to have the latest 1.52 patch.
      This is in the member's download area now, so it should be MUCH faster than anywhere else if you don't have it yet...
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Hmm, might not be enough players for this week. If need be, we'll report it to the Saturday afterwards.

Comment

i think i can do a saturday game.

- -

Comment

Hmm, might not be enough players for this week. If need be, we'll report it to the Saturday afterwards.
            I think we have plenty. Even if we start out with 4 humans and 4 AI in a FFA, more humans can always join and take over the AI civs to get in the action!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

i'm in.

Comment

Hmm, you're right about the AI.

Instead of making it a 'only people who can make it every week should sign up', we can have it so that people can bow in and out throughout the weeks, being replaced by AI or other players.

Comment

one problem with the open games is people constantly joining and dropping, which we'll have to deal with.

- -

Comment

Well, if people don't drop out, all the better. The subtitutes would just serve to replace them if they can't make it a particular week. Or something.

Comment

Okay, so far we have 4 players: CingularDuality, Vulcan, nick_i_am, and me. The game will officially be at 4PM EST (9PM GMT) tomorrow. I will post the IP and password here about 10-15 min before the time and have the game up. If everyone is in by then, then we could start early.

Comment

count me in

Comment

The game is up. DirectIP, 70.52.18.180, no pw.

Comment

Hmm, well, unfortunately, we had some problems getting this game going, for some reason. Oh well.

Comment

Hmm, well, unfortunately, we had some problems getting this game going, for some reason. Oh well.
                              I guess I didn't miss out, then? I fell asleep on the couch and completely forgot about this when I woke up. Sorry.
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X