A Succession Game, Perhaps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Succession Game, Perhaps?

Given the inherent problem of scheduling sessions, perhaps a succession game could be a viable alternative.

Basically, a SG is somewhat of a 'coop' version of a singleplayer session, where players play turns in succession, then on to the next, etc.

This explains it well: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=14235

Re: A Succession Game, Perhaps?

Originally posted by Llyranor
    Given the inherent problem of scheduling sessions, perhaps a succession game could be a viable alternative.

Basically, a SG is somewhat of a 'coop' version of a singleplayer session, where players play turns in succession, then on to the next, etc.

This explains it well: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=14235
    I like the idea of an open succession game. If we can get the forums to accept the attachment of the CivIV saved games (or just zip it), then we could just post them here and whoever wants to do the next one is free to do so. We could just say that there has to be at least two people that play before you may play again? No time pressure, you say you're taking your turn, you take a few hours to do it and then you post the new saved game.

If it works well here, we could even make it a bit more organized and have teams playing regular hotseat.

My problem is that my work schedule is so unpredictable, so I never know when I'm going to be able to play. This solves that problem nicely!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

An open game could work quite well, since anyone in the community would be able to jump in.

It doesn't look like you can directly attach files here, though.

Comment

An open game could work quite well, since anyone in the community would be able to jump in.

It doesn't look like you can directly attach files here, though.
        Yes you can. Look down below the text box... Unless it's for supporting members only?
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Oh, darn. That could be it. Not that it's a big issue. I can use yousendit or whatever.

Should we try an open game first, or one with a set number of players. We really need to see the interest level here, which unfortunately, doesn't seem that high on this forum.

Comment

On second thought, maybe it'd just be better to arrange such games on forums.civfanatics.com where there is more interest.

Comment

On second thought, maybe it'd just be better to arrange such games on forums.civfanatics.com where there is more interest.
              OK, if that's what you want...

I think a lot of people here gave up on CivIV after it shipped with an unplayable multiplayer mode. Many of us were looking forward to that feature specifically so that we could play with others here at TG.
              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Anyone still interested now that they've fixed multiplayer? I'd love to get a TG game going if we can pick a night in the future to do it...
                I heart TG.
                xoxo

~Sugar~

"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.

Comment

Are you interested in a succession game or a regular game of civ multiplayer?

Comment

I'd be interested in a regular game on the weekend. I'd also be interested in a Succession game if we can attach the file to the forums and there's no time pressure.
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Either. But I would love a "real" game this weekend!!! Anyone free Saturday 5pm CST ish?
                      I heart TG.
                      xoxo

~Sugar~

"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.

Comment

I might be able to make it. I'll hang out in TS if I can.

Comment

Woot! Cadian? Cing?
                          I heart TG.
                          xoxo

~Sugar~

Comment

I'll be on TeamSpeak as soon as I can make it.

I suggest that whoever starts the game puts in enough AI civs to allow for more people to join the game once it has started.
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Roger, roger. I'm on TS .. Playing around a bit in Civ until people get here.
                              Last edited by |TG|SugarNCamo; 04-29-2006, 05:43 PM.
                              I heart TG.
                              xoxo

~Sugar~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X