Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civilization IV w/Warlords -- New game starting up!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization IV w/Warlords -- New game starting up!

Here's a quick thread in the right forum to let y'all know we're starting up a game THIS Saturday, May 5, at approx. 12:30p until ?????

The game will be continued via email afterwards.

Please be ON TIME so we can get set up quickly. Post in this thread if we can look forward to seeing you! I'll be in the Civ IV "A" TS channel before it gets started.

I'm so excited. Woot.

P.s. Go easy on me. I'm not afraid to bring on the tears. :icon6:
    I heart TG.
    xoxo

~Sugar~

"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.

Re: Civilization IV w/Warlords -- New game starting up!

12:30 eastern?

Burning spies is cool.

Comment

Depending on the time zone, I should be able to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by |TG|SugarNCamo View Post
        The game will be continued via email afterwards.
        I'll be there, but are we going to email game saves, or use the spiffy stand alone server?

I would MUCH prefer the server...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I too would prefer to use the stand alone server. Maybe Cing can ask for box access if Apophis isn't going to be around.

Comment

I have no idea how to play with email or standalone, so either is fine with me :D And that's 12:30 CST.
            I heart TG.
            xoxo

~Sugar~

"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.

Comment

Ok, I'll be there.

Comment

Anyone know how long these games typically last before you switch to email? I don't want to get sucked in for 8 hours straight like I do when I play against the AI.

How long do the email games go on for? Months?
                Steam Community: | |

Comment

No clue -- guys?

P.s. I might have to jump in an AI spot -- it seems I might have a job fair (interviews) this Saturday until about 3pm. Wish me luck!
                  I heart TG.
                  xoxo

~Sugar~

Comment

I'm getting the server set up now, major thanks to FriedFish as he's really helping me out getting this thing up. It should be up tonight and ready to rock for the weekend festivities.
                    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi View Post
                      Anyone know how long these games typically last before you switch to email? I don't want to get sucked in for 8 hours straight like I do when I play against the AI.

How long do the email games go on for? Months?
                      I don't know how long the first session should be, but I do know that switching too early to the slow turn/day mode really kills that mode. I would say that at a minimum we should play till the majority have the tech "Optics". This way everyone should be in contact via Caravels.

We never finished our last game because we switched over too early.

Comment

Let's get some opinions on preferred civ, map types, world size, barbs, tech trading, victory conditions, speed, number of AI slots, etc. Do we want to allow duplicate civs?

Comment

I want Bismarck! All victories, yes to tech, yes to barbs (no to raging!), huge world, pangea/continents/terra, normal speed, 1 AI per human, no dupe civs.

My $0.02

P.s. I'm back in. :p
                          I heart TG.
                          xoxo

~Sugar~

Comment

I'm with Sugar's preferences, except I'd like dupe civs.

I'd also like to see a few extra AI thrown in there at the beginning so that others can join us later if they want.
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Everyone who's confirmed that they are going to be playing on Saturday at 1:30pm EST should post in this thread.

So far, I'm seeing:

|TG|SugarNCamo - Bismarck
                              CingularDuality - ?
                              FriedFish - Shaka

A few other possible people who have made inquiries but haven't posted that they will playing this Saturday.

If we end up with 3-5 humans, I'd say a Large size world would probably be big enough. If you want huge, you'll probably want to put more AI into the game.

I'm ok with the rest of Sugar's settings.

For my Civ, I'll choose... Shaka.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X