This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACTF: Server Problems

This topic can be used to report server problems for the Civ 4 "A City Too Far" game.

The CivStats author fixed a problem which was causing my computer to lose Internet connectivity in the last game I hosted. As a result, I'm hoping the stability on the server should be good. Power outages will likely be the main culprit.

Also a heads up here that the server will go down at some point during the Christmas holidays since I will be out of town. I'll post dates once I know them.

Bernout
    Last edited by Bernout; 07-13-2008, 09:42 PM.

|TG-MD6|

Re: ACTF: Server Problems

Connection times out. Server down?

Comment

Likewise.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Hmmm...the server wasn't down when I left home. I'll see if I can get home at lunch here and see what is going on.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Server is back up. My IP address had changed so I needed to change the tgciv4.no-ip.org entry. I'll make sure to check that more often. The server was restored prior to Hoplosternum's turn.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

can't you just use something like no-ip or something? that works well for dynamic ips.

Comment

Originally posted by oyzar View Post
              can't you just use something like no-ip or something? that works well for dynamic ips.
              I am using no-ip but it won't automatically detect an IP change on my end. ;) And amazingly enough the IP changed but my computer kept on working normally...I'm kind of amazed. lol

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

The game server will be down from Dec 19 to 29 since I will be out of town during that time.

If anyone else is not going to be available around that time frame I'm open to adjusting the dates as needed.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

server is down dec 8 at 9:00 am central time.

Comment

Originally posted by larsonator View Post
                    server is down dec 8 at 9:00 am central time.
                    Yep...lost Internet connectivity so it was reboot the router and cable modem time.

Restored to the latest save file I had which was created when I logged in late last night. Back up now at 11:30 am eastern with 7:40 on the timer.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Originally posted by Bernout View Post
                      Yep...lost Internet connectivity so it was reboot the router and cable modem time.

Restored to the latest save file I had which was created when I logged in late last night. Back up now at 11:30 am eastern with 7:40 on the timer.

Bernout
                      This didn't affect me, but I just thought that perhaps when the server goes down, that resetting the timer to what it was isn't necessarily fair. What if Larsonator only has one hour a day to take his turn, and the server is down during that hour? Getting the server back up and resetting the turn timer to where it should be doesn't give Lars his one hour back. He would need another 24 hours to be able to take his turn...

Hopefully this isn't the case this time, but just something to think about. I think if my scenario ever does occur, that we would all be willing to go to the last backup and set the timer for 24 hours in order to be fair to everyone.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                        This didn't affect me, but I just thought that perhaps when the server goes down, that resetting the timer to what it was isn't necessarily fair. What if Larsonator only has one hour a day to take his turn, and the server is down during that hour? Getting the server back up and resetting the turn timer to where it should be doesn't give Lars his one hour back. He would need another 24 hours to be able to take his turn...

Hopefully this isn't the case this time, but just something to think about. I think if my scenario ever does occur, that we would all be willing to go to the last backup and set the timer for 24 hours in order to be fair to everyone.
                        I'm open to ideas of course but it's really a balancing act. The server will make a save automatically every time someone logs in and always at the start of every new turn. So the goal becomes to minimize the number of people who need to redo their turns while still giving a reasonable amount of time to everyone who still had yet to do them.

In this particular case there were only 2 people left who had turns to do (Prometheus, Dandridge) and almost 8 hours on the timer.

We could come up with some kind of guideline here for rollbacks but it might just be easier for people to post here when the server is down and whether they have any time constraints I need to know about. I'll always check in here if I notice a problem with the server.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Still can't connect to the game (450 BC). And won't have time to try again within the next 10 hours.

DanDRidge

Comment

Originally posted by Dandridge View Post
                            Still can't connect to the game (450 BC). And won't have time to try again within the next 10 hours.
                            You can't connect? I see nothing wrong with the server on my end of things.

Ah well. In order to get that much time on the timer I'd have to go to Whiplash's save. And if I do that I may as well go to Hop's turn which would give us a whole lot more time.

Hoplosternum and Whiplash will need to redo their turns. Cingular, Sonnybonds and myself are the other people affected.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Originally posted by Bernout View Post
                              The game server will be down from Dec 19 to 29 since I will be out of town during that time.

If anyone else is not going to be available around that time frame I'm open to adjusting the dates as needed.

Bernout
                              I will be on vacation from Dec/23 till Jan/03/2008. If others are away around New Year´s, too, it would be nice if server is down until then, otherwise I will look for a sub from Dec/29 on.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X