Starting a PBEM game, Fall From Heavon II Mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a PBEM game, Fall From Heavon II Mod

FFHII requires BTS, it is a dark fantasy mod, probably the most popular mod out there.
    Here's the link to the forum thread for the mod.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171398

I would prefer players who are pretty skilled, who will be able to hold their own, militarily and economically.
    Experience in Fall From Heaven is not necessary, I personally have only played a few single player games in it, a while ago.

Here are the most likely settings.

Players: 4-7(maybe more, more is better imo, but I want the game pace to not be too bad).
    Map: On the smaller side, Tiny or Small probably, unless we get more players.
    Map Type: Most likely one landmass, or at least land in range of triremes
    No tech trading.
    Villages on, Barbarians on.
    quick or normal speed.
    MONARCH or EMPEROR difficulty(mostly depending on whatever is more balanced), this is to increase unit and city maintenance, to balance conquest/expansion versus peace/turtling. There are no happiness or health penalties so the game is mostly the same. Less skilled players could perhaps play with 1-2 lower difficulty levels than others.

If enough players are receptive to the idea, there will be some role playing emphasis in the game. Meaning, you need justification for wars. There are Good, Evil, and Neutral civs, so players should loosely act in that way (good civs more honorable, evils backstabbing, Good + Evil alliances are okay, if there is good reason... and trade is not prohibited).

Post here if interested!
    Last edited by Bernout; 06-13-2008, 05:37 PM. Reason: Fixed up the link.

Re: Starting a PBEM game, Fall From Heavon II Mod

This mod is easily the most popular one out there and I've been meaning to try it. Since that hasn't happened yet, this would be a good opportunity to do so. :D

Count me in!

As per your post at CivFanatics, did you find a server to host the game or was that something you were hoping to have happen here?

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

ah, well as of now it is planned as a play by e-mail game (PBEM), which goes just as fast almost with a smaller amount of players. And perhaps we could get a live session in early to speed things. But if you don't want to deal with the e-mail hassle that's understandable.

I'll still be looking for a server and if I find one I'll switch from PBEM to Pitboss, if I found one it would probably end up being for quite a larger game(12-18), although still probably Fall From Heaven.

Comment

I would be interested. PBEM or Pitboss.

I have little experience of Fall from Heaven as I don't play much single player anymore. But I have it loaded up and started a couple of games. It looks great.

Anyway count me in!

Comment

Originally posted by Levgree View Post
          ah, well as of now it is planned as a play by e-mail game (PBEM), which goes just as fast almost with a smaller amount of players. And perhaps we could get a live session in early to speed things. But if you don't want to deal with the e-mail hassle that's understandable.

I'll still be looking for a server and if I find one I'll switch from PBEM to Pitboss, if I found one it would probably end up being for quite a larger game(12-18), although still probably Fall From Heaven.
          If you can find a server for pitboss, I am 100% in! :)

If it's to be PBEM, I'm still deciding if I want to go back there. Tends to be very slow, and I really love a game that has as many people as possible, which makes it slower. If you're gonna do it and you need me, hell, I'll be in. Otherwise, let me ponder it for a bit.

Have you considered Hamachi? Or are people scared of Hamachi networks with strangers?

I've only played FFHII once and I got pretty slaughtered. Still too baffled by the mechanics at the moment to be any good. I'll be playing some real time with a mate though tonight and if I get better at it the chances of mye joining (and, probably, you wanting me) will improve considerably. ;)

-----

By the way, thanks for drawing my attention to the mod itself mate!
          I had no idea it existed. Played the BTS scenario mod and always thought it had potential and would be awesome multiplayer. Made my ignorant arse world a happier place. :D

Comment

Just checked civfanatics. Looks like you're pretty well served with players.

Have fun guys! :)

Comment

With ACTF ending I'm pondering the possibility of starting a Fall From Heaven Pitboss game. Having never played the mod yet myself, there would be no expectations for skill level. ;)

Would anyone be interested in this? I'd like to get a feel for TG interest level before I start digging into this further. I'm assuming a Pitboss game is even possible.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

With ACTF ending I'm pondering the possibility of starting a Fall From Heaven Pitboss game. Having never played the mod yet myself, there would be no expectations for skill level. Would anyone be interested in this?
                I'd be interested. I didn't sign up for the game Levgree posted as it just seemed a bit too overwhelming. If there's no expectations on skill level...I'm in. :)

Snarlin

Comment

Originally posted by Snarlin View Post
                  I'd be interested. I didn't sign up for the game Levgree posted as it just seemed a bit too overwhelming. If there's no expectations on skill level...I'm in. :)
                  :) I'll see about getting a test server up later in the week so we can mess around with it and make sure it works.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

I would probably be interested...

Comment

Ok guys...I have good news and bad news. The bad news is the Pitboss game setup screen for FFH2 appears to get hosed. The end result is you can't edit any of the player settings. The good news is we can probably get away without touching those settings anyhow. Well, assuming nothing else gets hosed in the process. ;) If anyone else wants to play with Pitboss and verify this then that would be great.

I've gone ahead and put up a test server for us to mess around on:

tgciv4.no-ip.org
                      No password.

Please don't use any nation passwords but please do try to use an unavailable nation if possible.

Here's the link for the downloads:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...p?do=file&id=1

You want both FFH2 032 and patch I.

Please post here and let me know how you make out. Just based on what I briefly saw I'm guessing there is a pretty good learning curve involved here. ;)

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Isn't patch l out now?

Comment

Originally posted by oyzar View Post
                          Isn't patch l out now?
                          That's the patch I meant. I saw that and thought it was an I but they must be doing the patch names with lowercase letters. :)

I noticed nation #2 had a score of 0 which is highly suspicious.

Also, I found a potential fix for not being able to adjust the player settings when creating the game. Apparently you need to use a dual desktop system with 1 virtual desktop so you get more vertical space. Good thing you only need to do that once. :row__684:

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Well, I tried logging into another nation after work and now every time I log in I get an OOS error. It still lets me go ahead and do my turn so I'm not sure what the consequences of this are. From reading on CivFanatics this is a known issue.

Please let me know if you see the same problem and whether it happens on your first login into the server or not.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Originally posted by Bernout View Post
                              Well, I tried logging into another nation after work and now every time I log in I get an OOS error. It still lets me go ahead and do my turn so I'm not sure what the consequences of this are. From reading on CivFanatics this is a known issue.

Please let me know if you see the same problem and whether it happens on your first login into the server or not.

Bernout
                              Yep. I got the OOS error on my very first login. Was able to take the turn.

Snarlin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X