New pitboss game: Chaos and Civility II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pitboss game: Chaos and Civility II

New pitboss game starting at Chaos and Civility. Little RP expected. Hop over and take a look, still about 8 seats left.

BTS 3.17 28civs epic, huge, low sea level, 4 continents . No tech trading. 800pt advanced start.

28 civs requires a mod. Its one file, easy to do.

http://www.chaosciv.com/index.php/board,1.0.html

see the 3 sticky posts, and the pre-setup discussion thread
    Elkad

Re: New pitboss game: Chaos and Civility II

Hmm...with ACTF just ending I wouldn't mind participating in another game. Thanks for the heads up! I'll check it out.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

I just signed up. Thanks Ebenezer.

Comment

I just signed up as well! :D

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

I'm signed up!

Comment

Sweet!

For anyone else thinking of giving it a go, there is still room I believe for 5 people (they are at 23 of 28).

I'm still pondering whether I should rethink my nation choice and get one with Financial just to be able to stay competitive. I kind of liked the Mongol choice because I was going to cross my fingers for a Horse resource and then play a LOTR Rohan type nation. :D I also liked the idea of playing a nation with the Aggressive trait since I've never done that before.

I also liked the idea of giving the Charisma trait a try. Maybe I'll follow AFSoccer's lead and give Hannibal a run. That way I get Financial and can still go with my Horses theme. Hmmm.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Most of the leaders were taken (especially the obvious ones)... so I decided to go with a leader I've never used before, Hannibal. I am playing a single-player game using Hannibal so I can get used to what he has to offer. Having the Charisma trait is kind of nice. I got attacked by the British and I was amazed at how quickly my units started getting promoted (-25% points needed). Plus, it gives you +1 happiness.

Comment

Originally posted by AFsoccer View Post
                Most of the leaders were taken (especially the obvious ones)... so I decided to go with a leader I've never used before, Hannibal. I am playing a single-player game using Hannibal so I can get used to what he has to offer. Having the Charisma trait is kind of nice. I got attacked by the British and I was amazed at how quickly my units started getting promoted (-25% points needed). Plus, it gives you +1 happiness.
                +2 counting the bonus from monuments.

Comment

I had started a game with Portugal some time back and never got to finish it. It was an interesting Civ, so thought I'd try again here. No land based UU on a low sea level map is a bit of a risk, but workers and settlers can be built faster so if I don't get some shoreline I should still be somewhat ok.

Snarlin

Comment

I think they are going to have four continents, so you're very likely to have a shoreline. That is one of the reasons I picked Carthage. They get the Cothon, which is a special harbor that gets an extra trade route.

I've never played on Epic speed, so that will also be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by AFsoccer View Post
                      I think they are going to have four continents, so you're very likely to have a shoreline. That is one of the reasons I picked Carthage. They get the Cothon, which is a special harbor that gets an extra trade route.

I've never played on Epic speed, so that will also be interesting.
                      Ya, that will be interesting for sure and I wonder if that only emphasizes even more the importance of having Financial? Not to mention no tech trading means you are completely on your own. Hmmm.

I'm still undecided on what to do. I'm thinking 28 people, even on a huge map, is going to be really crowded. Having the extra military oomph from Aggressive might be very handy.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Mali is yet not taken, that said it is probably more important to surive the early going and bash your way to a nice sized empire than having financial.. The financial who does that might be better off though :p.

Comment

Originally posted by oyzar View Post
                          Mali is yet not taken, that said it is probably more important to surive the early going and bash your way to a nice sized empire than having financial.. The financial who does that might be better off though :p.
                          True enough. :)

I've decided to go ahead and stick with the Mongols. We'll see how many of the Financial nations survive the early game. :P

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...