New Pitboss Game? (Jul 18/08)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pitboss Game? (Jul 18/08)

Well, with ACTF done and FFH not panning out, I have a potential server sitting there doing nothing. It's also all updated and ready to go with BTS 3.17.

Is there interest in starting another game? What would you be interesting in playing?

Personally I like the flavor of the Chaos & Civility II game except I'd knock it down to 18 players to eliminate the need for a mod and I'd make it random leaders again; otherwise you get the power players stepping up and grabbing nothing but Financial civs. ;)

I think it would also be a good idea to follow up on the teams possibility. 2 man teams maybe? Random?

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Re: New Pitboss Game? (Jul 18/08)

I think random teams might not be a good idea but 2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2 might be interesting...

Comment

Yeah...if we're not going to do FFH2 I'd be up for a game as described. Random teams sounds cool too.

Snarlin

Comment

You can count me in on some of this action! :)

I'd be just as happy with random teams or choosing your buddy.

Speaking of buddies, my mate who missed out on TGS will be in on this too. Goes by the name of Snakefield. I'll get him to post something...

Comment

I'll play. I am happy with any setting get put up.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakefield View Post
            I'll play. I am happy with any setting get put up.
            Hi Snakefield! Welcome to TG and thanks to Twahn for bringing you here. :D

I'm going to be taking over the hosting for the TGS game so unfortunately my server won't be so idle after today. However, I will investigate other options. There is always a chance as well that someone else will step up with a server.

Let's continue with the game format discussion and we'll see what happens.

The 2 man team idea seems to have gotten a favorable response. I guess we'd just need to come up with a decision on whether to make it random teams or not. Would we want tech trading? I'm guessing most people will say "no" here.

I may be able to arrange team forums but if we couldn't make that go, could everyone get by with email? I suppose there's always the option of having everyone set up a Yahoo Group or something as well.

Based on the advanced start feedback I'd like to see us go again with that. Keeping it at 600 points seems to be best.

Thoughts?

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Agree with everything. No tech trading no matter the format is my preference, and if we're going teams it seems even more sensible to me.

Choosing buddies probably makes every aspect of communication easier for most people, but then lacks the challenge and extra interest (as well as community building) of joint empire building with what is likely to be a stranger.
              I'm happy to go either way. Never played a team game before, so I'm hardly an authority.

100% Advanced Start. It's the only way to play multiplayer in my opinion.

Comment

I'll probably play.

Would you consider a 4v4v4v4? I ran one of these for about 8 months. It's especially interesting as each player has a say in what is done with 4 nations.

Comment

Originally posted by whiplash View Post
                  I'll probably play.

Would you consider a 4v4v4v4? I ran one of these for about 8 months. It's especially interesting as each player has a say in what is done with 4 nations.
                  I've played a larger team game like that and it just increases the amount of coordination and effort that is needed in order to be competitive. Personally I'd prefer to keep it simpler and just give the two person teams a try. But that's just me. :) Talk enough people into it and anything is game.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

I'd like to play in a team game of some sort.

Comment

Team game - great!
                      Random nations - great!
                      Random teams or not - great!
                      No tech trading - great!
                      Teams of two - great! Or four - great!
                      Only 18 so less crowded - great!
                      Advanced start - everyone except me loves this :( Maybe you could consider a bit less than 600 so everyone still gets things to do at the start but doesn't begin with four cities if the land it right?

Barbs on/off? Random Events on/off? Goodie Huts on/off? Which other settings are you going for?

Anyway I would like to play if you'll have me :)

Comment

I hate advanced start as well for the record.. Quite alot other people doesn't like it as well... I would prefer huts and barbs off but events on.

Comment

I reckon events for sure and am also happy to have barbs and huts.
                          I know some people don't like them thinking huts can unbalance (though I don't think it's a big deal really, it can even make the dynamics a little more interested if some random people perhaps get a leg up) and barbs can potentially be fatal and end your fun unfairly early (I think this is pretty unlikely myself, even more so if you have advanced starts).

Of course, I'll play anything like most people here will. :)

My main request would be tech trading off. I think tech trading has a far bigger random influence on the game than huts and barbs put together for any poor soul who starts the game isolated.

Comment

Anything happening here?

Comment

Originally posted by whiplash View Post
                              Anything happening here?
                              Well, there's still the issue of who is going to host it. I was going to take a look at what it might cost to rent a Windows server (virtual or otherwise) but haven't done so yet. I suspect it won't be very expensive. What I do know is I don't want to get into a situation again where I don't have direct admin control. I'm too used to being able to respond relatively quickly to restarts and such.

In the meantime, please continue to discuss the game format and we'll nail down what we want to do. I'll try to get a proposal together tonight based on the feedback so far.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...