Difficulty Level for Next Team Pitboss Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficulty Level for Next Team Pitboss Game

This poll is intended to get a feel for what players want for the upcoming BTS game. See the Format discussion topic for more information.

You can find full information on the difficulty levels on page 74 of the Reference Guide.

Feel free to respond to this topic with comments if you have anything you want to say with respect to using advanced starts for the game.

The poll is active for 1 week.
    Noble
    0.00%
    Prince
    13.33%
    Monarch
    26.67%
    Emperor
    26.67%
    Immortal
    6.67%
    Deity
    20.00%
    No Preference
    6.67%

The poll is expired.

|TG-MD6|

Re: Difficulty Level for Next Team Pitboss Game

There are very minor differences between the difficulty levels. As such to get any effect from changing the levels i feel we should go all the way and go with deity...

Comment

I'm with Oyzar. Pump up the jam. ;)

Comment

Just a reminder the poll ends this coming Friday. As it looks right now we've got a tie between Monarch and Emperor in which case we'll go with the latter.

If you want to change your vote just PM me or post here.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Originally posted by Bernout View Post
          Just a reminder the poll ends this coming Friday. As it looks right now we've got a tie between Monarch and Emperor in which case we'll go with the latter.

If you want to change your vote just PM me or post here.

Bernout
          You really need to do a one vote only runoff between monarch, emperor, and diety, as 110% have voted for those.

These multiple votes IMO are hard to interpret ... since it ranks a second choice equal to a first choice, which I think confuses the issue ...

dV

Comment

He he! Just because your pick is coming in third :P

I think this is a good method of choosing. In fact I suggested it in another thread :P Unlike in sp the effect of the difficulty level will not be huge as there are no AIs. So most people could cope with a range of levels and certainly play one or two away from their normal level.

But not everyone is a Diety level player and I suspect those that are used to that level will be at enough of advantage anyway. I suspect even with no AIs it plays a lot differently than say Prince or Monarch just on the health/happiness caps alone.

The problem with just one vote is it makes you pick options you don't really care for just to stop the one you really don't want. You can't afford to waste your vote on the third or fourth placed option.

Here you can vote for all those that you don't mind playing on. And for those of us not usually playing on Diety that is quite a few choices :)

Comment

Originally posted by da_Vinci View Post
              You really need to do a one vote only runoff between monarch, emperor, and diety, as 110% have voted for those.
              I think that Hop summed it up quite nicely. Being able to select more than one preference makes the whole voting process much more flexible. And more importantly, it gives me a good enough feel for what the players preferences are that I can go ahead and make the call as to what should be used in the game without beating the issue to death with multiple polls. ;)

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

There are very little differences between noble and deity... check the links provided... Difference between emperor and deity is 5% extra distance maintenance, 20% extra unit maintenance cost(1 gold instead of .8 gold per unit), 10% extra tech cost, 10% chance to pop barbs from huts and 10 turns longer before barbs start spawning(since there are no AI they'll just spawn warriors for a long time though...).
                Last edited by oyzar; 08-05-2008, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoplosternum View Post
                  The problem with just one vote is it makes you pick options you don't really care for just to stop the one you really don't want. You can't afford to waste your vote on the third or fourth placed option.

Here you can vote for all those that you don't mind playing on. And for those of us not usually playing on Diety that is quite a few choices :)
                  Well, if you are not really going to vote your true preference in a vote once poll, then there is no point to it, I agree.

If the results were hidden until done, a vote once poll would make sense perhaps.

The multi-vote poll can be effective in narrowing the field, but if two choices are close, it can't be decisive. But apparently Bernout only needs to narrow, and he will be the decider ... lol

And don't worry ... I am happy to play whatever level you guys want to ...

dV

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X