Multiple Direct IP Games...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Direct IP Games...

I thought there was a post somewhere on how to modify the startup target to make access to multiple multiplayer games easier. Can't find it.

Once the next game starts I'll be in three games, on three different servers. I've adjusted my target in the other MOD game so that works, but I still always have to change the IP address to the game I'm playing.

Looking for a workaround that doesn't involve installing three instances of Civ4 if I can help it.

Help?

Snarlin

Re: Multiple Direct IP Games...

yes there is some program for this problem, you just fill in the different IP: log in and password. Then you just have to pick a game and you are automatically connected to the right game and civ.
    It was somewhere on Civ fanatics. I forgot the name and can't find it now. Will look again later today

But I am very sure it exists

Comment

The easiest way is to have an .ini file for each game since that is where the settings are stored, including host IP. I'll try to remember to post instructions on how to do this tonight.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

yes there is some program for this problem, you just fill in the different IP: log in and password. Then you just have to pick a game and you are automatically connected to the right game and civ.
        It was somewhere on Civ fanatics. I forgot the name and can't find it now. Will look again later today
        Yes...I saw this application, and thought it was a little weak. It worked, but if you didn't have just the right set up with your game-mod-IP-Civ it would crash.

The easiest way is to have an .ini file for each game since that is where the settings are stored, including host IP. I'll try to remember to post instructions on how to do this tonight.
        I think this is what I'm looking for. I don't mind choosing my Civ and entering in my password (those I can remember). It's remembering the IP address that gets tricky...my note card with the different IP's on it is getting a bit tattered. ;)

Snarlin

Comment

Use notepad... it works...

Comment

Originally posted by oyzar View Post
            Use notepad... it works...
            This from the guy who was too lazy to save his C&C2 spoilers using that. :row__536:

Here's what I do Snarlin:

1. Go into your My Documents -> My Games -> Beyond The Sword folder and copy the CivilizationIV.ini file to the directory where you have BTS installed. On my system this is at C:\GAMES\Civilization 4\Beyond The Sword.

2. Rename your copied .ini file to something meaningful for the game you want to use it for. For example, I used "Civ40TTT.ini".

3. Copy your BTS shortcut on your desktop and rename the copy to something meaningful for your game.

4. Edit the "Target" line so it looks something like:

"C:\GAMES\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" -ini=Civ40TTT.ini

Obviously you should only need to be adding the "-ini" command line parameter. If for whatever reason you have modified the command line with other stuff, I found out the hard way that the "-ini" must come first. Also, if you have a space in your .ini name then you may need to wrap quotes around it. You'll know everything is working when you start the game and a copy of your .ini file ends up being made. This is done automatically by Civ4 everytime the app is started.

Hopefully this works for ya. Shout out if you have any questions.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=172460

And I finally found the programm

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzlyDuu View Post
                URL deleted since I don't have the number of posts.

And I finally found the programm
                That only works if you are the only player in the game at the time and when meon is destroyed, you need to keep moving the info, So I am with Oyzar and i use notepad for it and it has helped greatly. I use it for any info I need for the games.

Comment

Originally posted by classical_hero View Post
                  That only works if you are the only player in the game at the time and when meon is destroyed, you need to keep moving the info, So I am with Oyzar and i use notepad for it and it has helped greatly. I use it for any info I need for the games.
                  I still like the multiple .ini file approach...it works very well. The only thing you need to deal with then is the server password.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Originally posted by Bernout View Post
                    I still like the multiple .ini file approach...it works very well. The only thing you need to deal with then is the server password.

Bernout
                    Fortunatly most people are smart enough not to have server password as it serves no purpose(other than wasting time) as there is a civ pw for each civ anyways.

Comment

Fortunatly most people are smart enough not to have server password as it serves no purpose(other than wasting time) as there is a civ pw for each civ anyways.
                      And fortunately most players don't whine so much so us admins can remain sane. :row__536:

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Originally posted by Bernout View Post
                        And fortunately most players don't whine so much so us admins can remain sane. :row__536:

Bernout
                        raawwwr! Somebody calm down the cats!

dV

Comment

Originally posted by da_Vinci View Post
                          raawwwr! Somebody calm down the cats!
                          lol

In any case, for anyone wanting to know how to handle multiple .ini files, look at one of my previous postings in this topic for instructions. :)

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...