TG BTS: PitSuc - Signups -> Oct 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TG BTS: PitSuc - Signups -> Oct 1

lol I wondered if that diplomacy vote was going to end it. :)

Congratulations daV and Elkad! Well played.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Ah well, seem to remember losing the AP race by one turn - didn't seem important at the time.

Well played Elkad.

Comment

Yup, the AP build race was close. But then you and I had closed borders/war for so long I didn't have an opportunity to infect you anyway, and I'd pretty much given up on it as a win strategy.

You getting to Robotics when I didn't even have Infantry yet meant I had to look for a new plan. dV/Jeremy made it possible.
        Elkad

Comment

Originally posted by Niklas View Post
          Never saw that one coming. Great play, and massive congratulations!

@Jarvis: Grrrr... ;)
          Originally posted by jarvis View Post
          I was trailing anyway so I figured I might as well. I'm claiming second place for haveing the dealbreaking vote :-)
          Jarvis voting for us should have been predictable, as Vikings were his benefactor in several ways. 1) After taking one of his cities, we negotioated an arrangement to help him expand east. We could have just wiped him out, as we had cats and he did not. 2) That eastward expansion gave him the cusion to absorb the early Niklas-Bernout advance against him. 3) Viking withdrawal from the theatre was the bargaining chip to get Babylon out of theatre too. 4) Massive cash influx from us allowed him to upgrade to rifles, which appeared to have led to the final peace deal there. So in a real sense, he was the third party in our alliance.

Originally posted by Bernout View Post
          lol I wondered if that diplomacy vote was going to end it. :)

Congratulations daV and Elkad! Well played.

Bernout
          Don't forget congrats to jeremy (stowell48) ... he played a large bulk of the turns (well coached, of course ;))

If the diplo had not worked, the next step would have been a nuclear slugfest, as Elkad and I had concluded that we needed to start that war before Morgan-Niklas beat us to SDI.

When elkad took over Spain from AI early, he felt a bit in a hole and was quite willing early on to make a long term deal with Vikings for one peaceful border and an eye to eventual PA. That allowed Vikings to control most of the action in the NW and mid North (directly or indirectly) in the mid game, which left us umolested for the entire game.

dV

Comment

I wish the diplo had failed, Man proj was 1 turn away and I wouldn't have waited for SDI. Pre emtive all round ;)

Comment

Originally posted by da_Vinci View Post
              Don't forget congrats to jeremy (stowell48) ... he played a large bulk of the turns (well coached, of course ;))
              Indeed...congratulations Jeremy! And thanks as well for sticking with the game!

Unfortunately with the influx of first time players here at TG, many of them newer Civ players, we had more turnaround than normal. As a result, I don't think the game format quite satisfied the original objective with respect to mentoring. Still, the format itself was unique and created some interesting situations so I hope everyone got some fun from it.

Huge thanks, as always, to the regulars who joined the game to play AI nations and keep things rolling!

Bernout

P.S: I'll keep the server up for another day or so.

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Hey Bernout, you're lying in the other thread when you say this was the first game you hosted that ended with an ingame victory. Me and oyzar made it to the stars in The Terrible Twos: http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=1044 ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Niklas View Post
                  Hey Bernout, you're lying in the other thread when you say this was the first game you hosted that ended with an ingame victory. Me and oyzar made it to the stars in The Terrible Twos: http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=1044 ;)
                  I stand corrected! :D

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan View Post
                    I wish the diplo had failed, Man proj was 1 turn away and I wouldn't have waited for SDI. Pre emtive all round ;)
                    Did you time it to get rocketry at the same instant as well? We figured you would develop Manhattan, and we were ready to whip bomb shelters everywhere then start making the ICBMs. But I thought I saw you guys still lacking rocketry at games end?

dV

Comment

Internet - they got rocketry from us.
                      Elkad

Comment

No, Internet didn't work to steal techs from you, guess it counts teams and not nations. But we were 1-2 turns from researching Rocketry when you won, don't recall exactly.

Comment

2 turns from Rock, would have used US and rush buy Kremlin ICBMs and gambled on keeping your urainum pillaged.

All pure speculation now the game is won.

Comment

Hey everyone. I am a little slow checking the forums. Have had a VERY busy few weeks.

Thanks for playing and for all the fun times. This was a great learning experience and I had a great time. Fun to see a game end this way. Was a first for this type of victory for me.

--Jeremy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X