• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Prize for 2nd Place - Sign up

New Pitboss game.

Pangea - Balanced Resources
    Standard World - 8 Players - medium sea level

Rules:

It's understood that this a one off game and that the conduct of all players will be forgotten about come the end of game. To this end Backstabbing is encouraged (but not mandatory). There will be a vote and a mystery prize for the most impressive backstab at the end.

Alliences will be tolerated but not encouraged, no point in setting unenforceble rules but you should play in the fashion of a single player offline game.

There can be only one winner.

Leaders will be standard and chosen at random.

Game to start when 8 players sign up.

PitSuc - mod to be used. (Open to suggestions on Tech trading/brokering on/off)

Re: No Prize for 2nd Place - Sign up

Since tech trading encourages alliances you may want to turn it off. ;)

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

I am generally not fond of backstabbing, but that is in a context where trust is expected. A game with a license to backstab could be interesting ...

So count me in!

I'd say tech trading off ... wasn't pitsuc designed with trading off in mind, with features to narrow the tech gap? I forget the details ...

The other issue that affects alliances is unit gifting. I have wondered if prohibiting unit sales or gifting (or borrowing) is 1) desireable, and 2) enforcable. However, with backstabbing seen as a virtue, perhaps that solves the unit gifting or sales problem? You never know when that army might be used against you.

I think the idea will be to have very fluid alliances, if any. If we want to contain runaway trains, then cooperation to reign in the leader is to be encouraged, right? The other issue is that two neighbors teaming to partition a Civ between them will be a common theme, and the only antidote will be to get civs on their other borders to bring up a threat.

An exercise in using alliances to maintain balance, but not to generate imbalance.

dV

Comment

I'm in as well. I would prefer a slightly bigger map (large-high sea level?), but that's cause I'm no fan of the early rush and even earlier warriorfights.

No tech trading.
        Deity?
        And the other "standard pitboss" options too I assume (no vassal states, choose religion, etc)
        Elkad

Comment

Originally posted by Ebenezer View Post
          I'm in as well. I would prefer a slightly bigger map (large-high sea level?), but that's cause I'm no fan of the early rush and even earlier warriorfights.

No tech trading.
          Deity?
          And the other "standard pitboss" options too I assume (no vassal states, choose religion, etc)
          We could go for a large high sealevel.

Yes, deity, etc.

No tech trading seems to be the way forward - was that a sign up then Bernout?!!

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan View Post
            No tech trading seems to be the way forward - was that a sign up then Bernout?!!
            8 spots is going to go pretty fast. I think I'll pass on this one since I was looking to lighten my Civ load for right now.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Originally posted by Ebenezer View Post

No tech trading.
              Deity?
              Isn't the "pitsuc mod" (really the SUC319b mod, right?) set up in diety?

I would agree, large enough map for some devevlopment before warring is inevitable would be nice.

dV

Comment

Yes, sorry SUC319b is the correct title of the mod.

Comment

Count me in too.

I'm fine with anything nerfing warrior rushes, so large with high sea level is OK here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusten View Post
                    Count me in too.
                    I'll write you the check now ... ;)

dV

Comment

Count me in please.

Comment

My preference is for Tech Trading to be on but no Tech Brokering. The best backstabs can come from using someone else's tech against them. I think just setting player's expectations as has been done in the game description should be enough to prevent stagnant alliances.

Comment

I'd like to join. This seems like a game that could be something better than average pitboss game. I hope this game would be like SP game, where you really try to get win for yourself.

I prefer fast game that would resemble normal MP FFA pangea, where you had to be on your toes from turn 1 i.e. standard map+medium sea. I think pitboss games should generally be shorter and this would be one way to accomplish this.

Exploit, "No tech brokering" doesn't work as you would hope for in MP games. It is pretty much worse of both worlds alternative. Tech pace is as fast as tech trading fully on, but you'll also find yourself easily to scenarios where catching up is almost as hard as in no tech trading case, when your new friend didn't research the techs you desperately need.

Backstabbing is easiest when tech trading is fully on, but I would prefer tech trading to be off. This limits somewhat the need for lengthy diplomacy. I think this is also one of the main reasons why big tech gifting alliances form up. It takes quite a bit less time to negotiate just one deal of gifting than negotiating every trade separately.

Comment

After sleeping, I decided to skip this. I'm tempted, but after rethought I don't feel like starting another pitboss game. Sorry about bothering you.

Comment

This sounds like something I would enjoy. And with FoW (and probably LotB too) soon to be ended, I should have time. In.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X