Need help setting up a custom game Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help setting up a custom game Server

Hello, I read this post on civfanatics.com: Originally Posted by Grizzle - View Post
    I am playing in a pitboss on a server at tacticalgamer.com. Without any problems.
    Maybe someone can help you over there. -- I have my own steam Civilization V gaming group with over 100 members and I am trying to rent a high priority server to play multiplayer pitboss games. Preferably the server would be between the EU and the USA since those two locales hold the most Civ players.. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Re: Need help setting up a custom game Server

Originally posted by OREO View Post
    Hello, I read this post on civfanatics.com: Originally Posted by Grizzle - View Post
    I am playing in a pitboss on a server at tacticalgamer.com. Without any problems.
    Maybe someone can help you over there. -- I have my own steam Civilization V gaming group with over 100 members and I am trying to rent a high priority server to play multiplayer pitboss games. Preferably the server would be between the EU and the USA since those two locales hold the most Civ players.. Any help would be appreciated!!!
    Hey OREO!

Sorry for the delayed reply.

We successfully finished one Pitboss game with Civ 5 here but really it took about 3 restarts if I remember right and it still had its issues. Anyhow, we didn't use a commercial host. I ran the server myself. If you have a good computer you can dedicate to the server and a mostly static IP then you should have no issues with running a server. It is kind of a bummer that you can't run the server and client on the same PC so that means a second computer (or separate VM) if you actually want to play yourself.

Anyhow, there are topics in the Game Planning & Coordination forum if you want background info on what we did and how it all worked out. Or PM me if you have specific questions.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...