Man, i really suck...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, i really suck...

Played my first Civ4 game, was defeated in 1 hr and 30 mins... sad...
    but what made it worst is calling my leadership skills on par with Dan... ouch! ;)

Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Man, i really suck...

ouch......and where did they come up with the list of people...its clearly out of order....
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I liked the old "... the great, ... the pathetic" scale.
      In game handle: Steel Scion
      sigpic

Comment

hahaha

Comment

Ok, now I NEED this game.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
          |TG-2nd|munchkin
          Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Yeh I've been playing just a few hours on the 2nd from easiest setting and I'm really struggling. I seem to have to give alot of tech away to foreign powers or I end up fighting a 4 front war.

Also, not sure what I'm doing wrong, but my musketman fortified in a city with walls just got killed by some war elephants.... seems like taking the technology lead doesn't provide actual victory anymore.

Comment

The mechanics seem a bit screwy, elephants can only really be effectively countered with pikeman or calvary. The funny thing is the barbarians will destroy anything you throw at them in a city.

- -

Comment

Want to tell them how I rolled you and nickhastopee after jumping in an AI seat?
                USAR

Comment

lol squeak, first timers luck, plus you had AI start you up, what you expect :P

- -

Comment

Archers are the new spearmen for city defense (+25% natural city def bonus), but spearmen are still preferred for defense against mounted. Barbarians are now ridiculously tough because the AI dedicates an entire barbarian city production to archers and just stacks them all behind city walls. You need elephants, tanks, or gunships to bust them out.

Anything higher than cheiftain really requires you to acquiece to opponents' demands, unless you are prepared to play as a fortress. And in the early game, any open warfare can really hamstring you. I've had a few false starts where a random invasion killed me early on.
                    In game handle: Steel Scion
                    sigpic

Comment

I have the best luck ignoring defense and hitting an opponent hard early and taking them out, this gives me room to expand and a good city at the start.

Az
                      [age-c1][command]

Comment

First timers luck my aunt fanny :p I could pull out and show you civ net, civ 2 and civ 3.
                        USAR

Comment

Originally posted by squeak
                          Want to tell them how I rolled you and nickhastapee after jumping in an AI seat?
                          I wasn't doing so hot near the end, pluas my PC decided to restart(first time this has happend). I kinda gave up and started nukeing and waring with the other civs at the end(I knew you guys had me on the space race).

Comment

my first game i won by time limit, double the points of the AI
                            my second game (next level up from default) i won the Space race 2012, again 2x the points of the AI

my 3rd game is on Noble, im currently 3rd out of 8, and im first to find the "new world" and hope to use that to my advantage. Ive yet to have any real wars though....
                            From Adam Webb

Comment

Actually, if you just hit the barbarian cities with 3-4 swordsmen before they get a large city it will die quickly. Try to find a nice forested hill (or at least a forest) next to their city to siege from, and make SURE you get 1 person with medic upgrade. They will probably attack you (and die cuz of your +75% terrain bonus) and just leave a couple defenders remaining. Barbarians.

If it grows to have a +X% defense, just bring a catapult. No biggie. War elephants etc are not necessary.

Just beat Prince. Considering moving up, but it was a close game, so I think it'll hold off :D.

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X