Diplomacy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomacy

I'm in the year, 2080 or something, on chief difficulty. Right now I'm trying to make some permanent alliances with other nations, but no matter what it seems i can't even get them to trade me their world map, or a defensive pact. They are all friendly too me. Is it impossible?

Re: Diplomacy

You musta destroyed a whole civilization before or something... They remember that kind of stuff... How deceitful and merciless you are or something like that.

how come you are over 2080? I wanna how anybody can play over 2050? They always give me time victory or score victory or something crappy like that and finishes the game.

Comment

Theres an option after that to continue playing. at least there always has been.
      Long Live the 2nd BCT and 1st MIP

Comment

Have you tried converting them to your state religion?
        In game handle: Steel Scion
        sigpic

Comment

dunno, I never got one of those timers, i set game limit to 0 turns.

I've destroyed... 3 nations, but the other country was with me on 2 of them. Still too much?

My plus's add up to about 15, and my minuses add up to -2. They won't even trade me world map! and they are "friendly". In fact the only thing I can trade iwth them at this point is gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler
            Have you tried converting them to your state religion?
            Hmm, haven't tried that, but i'm free religion or whatever, but I can build confuscion missionaries, i'll send some of them over there.

Comment

Egg i think it's a part of the mechanic that if your warring, permanent alliances won't happen. I believe it was more designed for peaceful civilizations.

- -

Comment

What vulcan said is very true, but there's more to it than that.

It seems that later in the game, the computer opponents become increasingly greedy or aware of the fact that allies are still opponents (ie: only one civ can win the game) and begin acting accordingly. Don't bother trying to get rocketry off an AI civ. They want to win the game, too.

In this situation, they may have thought than an alliance with you would have compromised (or put to risk) their chance of winning. Or it could have been a dozen other things. The AI is refreshingly humanlike (they seem to have a definate 'personality'). I've gotten U.N. votes from a civ that, until recent events, HATED me.. just because they hated the other candidate so much more.

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X