how do you ask to declare war...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you ask to declare war...

I can see how to ask another civ what they think of someone, but can't see how to ask them to declare war on a civ to help me... any idea?
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: how do you ask to declare war...

well you have to techically just have to go over and tell them that since we bailed them out of so many wars and conflicts that they are obligated to do so...wait....you mean in game...i have no idea...was just padding my reply count
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I think you just need to go to the trade window and it's one of the tradable items, "Declare war with". Beneath the heading will be a list of civs that the civ you're trading with has had contact with. You'll probably need good relations with a civ to get them to go to war. Civ names in red, like other red trade items, means that is an item the civ won't trade and it'll give a reason if you move your mouse over the name.

Comment

Very hard to get AI to commit to war.

- -

Comment

Is it like civ3 in that you have to have and embassy with that civ.
          The Old Guy
          kin3
          sigpic

Comment

no embassy, but you now have points with the other Civ that give you certain abilities, you can ask of them. I have had the option to ask them to declare war on someone but they wouldn't do it for anything.

- -

Comment

Depends on the closeness, with my friend Egypt I had them declare war on England no problem no bribing or gifts. Of course they wanted me to help them too, which I agreed to. The AI seems to put a lot more faith in long term relationships. Get a good ally and as long as you help them they will do the same to you.

Az
              [age-c1][command]

Comment

In one game I had the Spanish pinned between myself (Persians) and Mali. I went to Mali to propose war, but our relations were so good and their relations with Spain so bad that all they needed was for me to ask - a 10 gold token was all it took to convince them. Pick your battles, eh?

I think you also need to have a specific civ advancement in order to forge alliances.
                In game handle: Steel Scion
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                  Very hard to get AI to commit to war.
                  i find it REALLY easy, but then you have to work on relations from the VERY begining. Ive had Civ's declare war on my FOE's and do my dirty work while i committed my efforts on upgrades/research.

For instant my latest game im american, and im BEST friends with Germany and England and alittle bit good with Japan. England and Germany would generaly do what i asked no matter what. Japan was more of a problem starter, than someone who would help. IE they would start a war, then beg for help as france beat them... So i'd myself declare war, then ask Germany and England to help.

So we'd all hit france, and Japan got most the cities, while we (america/germany/england) got 1 city each. Germany soon got taken out (as a main power anyway) by Aztecs though, and Both america and England couldnt get there fast enough to help, and Japan refused to help at all....****tards
                  From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by AzrealDarkmoon
                    Depends on the closeness, with my friend Egypt I had them declare war on England no problem no bribing or gifts. Of course they wanted me to help them too, which I agreed to. The AI seems to put a lot more faith in long term relationships. Get a good ally and as long as you help them they will do the same to you.

Az
                    unlike france in real life huh?

help the germans are attacking.......1914
                    helppppppp the germans owned us 1940

we ask help now, and they stick there finger up.....hmmmmm
                    From Adam Webb

Comment

It really depends on a few things.

1: Your relations with the country who you'd like to help you.
                      2: Relations between your helper and the target.
                      3: Do you have enough to bribe your friend?
                      4: Which leader are you asking to help you? It totally matters. Bismark never lets me down, and Louis VI is a total wuss (surprise surprise). Noticed that your enemy has a different religion than Isabella? Release the hounds! (she is a crusader to the core)

The actual function to get them to help you is in the TRADE menu. Just select Declare war on Tokugawa (or whoever), and ask them 'what do you want for this'. Sometimes they'll say it's not possible. While this may be true, try clicking 'can you spare this for a good friend?', many times they were not willing to trade for the item but ARE willing to just give it up. Kinda cool, huh?

This part is important: once a mutual war has begun, you can ask your ally (through the same diplo menu) to attack certain cities! this is GREAT for diverting the AI opponent while you mobilize your attack.

Hey Overlag, are you suggesting that the Al Quaida is owning the USA? Just wondering, because otherwise the comparisons are laughable, at best.
                      Last edited by CingularDuality; 03-26-2006, 06:29 PM. Reason: language

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X