Its too crowded!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its too crowded!

In one of my cities the happiness level is full. Theres no frown faces, but instead its all happy faces even though its a city of 25. Then i have my capital, which is a city of 20 and has a lot of frown faces that claim its "too crowded".

What makes a city "too crowded", and how do you prevent that from happening?

Re: Its too crowded!

it's a happines factor, you have buildings, trade items and military presence that play into it.

- -

Comment

Don't forget religions and your current civic.

Hereditary Rule = +1 :) per military unit

Representation = +3 :) in your largest cities (exact number of cities affected depends on map size)

Nationhood = +2 :) if there's a barracks in the city

Environmentalism = +1 :) for jungles/forests

Free Religion = +1 :) for each religion in the city

EDIT: Also did you build the Globe Theater in your 25 pop city? Globe Theater = no :icon_mad:

Comment

Originally posted by FriedFish
        Don't forget religions and your current civic.

Hereditary Rule = +1 :) per military unit

Representation = +3 :) in your largest cities (exact number of cities affected depends on map size)

Nationhood = +2 :) if there's a barracks in the city

Environmentalism = +1 :) for jungles/forests

Free Religion = +1 :) for each religion in the city

EDIT: Also did you build the Globe Theater in your 25 pop city? Globe Theater = no :icon_mad:
        I sure did, that explains it. One of the reasons they say theyre happy is "3+:) OH YEAH!". Stupid city folk.

Comment

If they say it's too crowded, it means you dont have enough food. BUILD MORE FARMS, etc.

Never build a city if there's no fresh water also. And if you want to stunt your city's growth you can by informing the governor.

Comment

thats wrong gambit... if you build more farms, the city will get bigger and there for more crowded.....
            From Adam Webb

Comment

I usually stunt the growth and put it on production for happy buildings. Then continue it's growth.

You can build this pretty evenly if you get it right. When building a wonder i also stunt the growth and put emphasis on production.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                I usually stunt the growth and put it on production for happy buildings. Then continue it's growth.

You can build this pretty evenly if you get it right. When building a wonder i also stunt the growth and put emphasis on production.

Wow, I haven't even found the Governor's screen yet. I've been manually managing all of my cities in all of my games!
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

There really isn't a govenors screen, it's just your options next to the buildings/units/wonders production area, on the right.

- -

Comment

I don't trust the automation worth a spit. But micromanaging does get tiresome.
                    In game handle: Steel Scion
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler
                      I don't trust the automation worth a spit. But micromanaging does get tiresome.
                      Right, most parts of the game, I like managing things myself. But later in the game, I almost always have cities that I don't really need to manage any longer...
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X