X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASA's Blue Marble project for CivIV

This looks very cool:

http://www.civfanatics.net/~bluemarb...tent/index.php

This program allows the installation of new graphics for Sid Meier's Civilization IV™, based on satellite images of the NASA Blue Marble project. Available as an optional download is a small scaling tool, allowing to adjust the dimensions of many 3D objects and the strength of clouds. You are free to distribute, install and use this software for non-commercial purposes as long as it is kept 100% free of charge and unmodified in any way.

The Blue Marble Project

NASA's Blue Marble project presents freely available photorealistic maps of our planet Earth. Since the seventies earth observation satellites have recorded data of our atmosphere, the oceans and the land surface to improve our understanding of the Earth as a system. These datasets are usually not publicly accessible and they are only available as scientific file types. Therefore the Blue Marble project produces high resolution maps in false-color and true-color formats from the scientific satellite data. This allows the user to become a discoverer and to investigate our planet from space. With these products we would like to stimulate the public interest for matters of the environment and also express the importance of unmanned satellite missions carried out by the NASA and other space organizations.

The Blue Marble "Next generation" is the latest product of the series, showing a cloudless Earth in 12 monthly variations: the beginning of spring, dry spells, snow cover changes, vegetation coloring and rainy seasons all are dynamic processes in our climate system. The monthly satellite maps are available under bluemarble.nasa.gov.

The Civilization IV users now can discover their Worlds with a special Blue Marble
    texture set modelled from this material. Have a lot of fun with it!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: NASA's Blue Marble project for CivIV

I've been useing this mod for a while, it makes the game look so much better and it even runs better. The mod also works with muliplayer. When I installed the 1.52 patch it reverted the graphics back and the game just looks horrid compared to the blue marble pack.

Comment

I don't know if I didn't activate it or what, but I didn't see anything noticeably different in yesterday's game.

Anyway, I'm putting this tile pack up in the Member's Downloads area.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I just installed the tile pack. It's subtle but nice. The floodplains, jungle and tundra look better than the stock version. The only tile texture that I don't really like is the new plains tile.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X