Civ4 Warlords gone gold FYI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ4 Warlords gone gold FYI

2K Games and Firaxis Games today announced Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords has gone gold. Civ IV: Warlords comes loaded with new civilizations, new leaders and more units, resources and wonders that can be used in both single and multiplayer games.

I haven't played MP with the game, but wondering..

1) do we have a dedicated Civ4 server?

2)If so will we be updating to the add-on?

Maybe one day I'll find time to play more of this fantastic turn base game, but probably not, lol.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Civ4 Warlords gone gold FYI

There isn't a dedicated server that I know of.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
      There isn't a dedicated server that I know of.
      Actually there's the PitBoss server.

http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/pitboss.htm

It allows normal multiplayer play when everyone is connected. When people need to disconnect, the PitBoss holds the game and allows the players to reconnect and play their turn even if everyone else isn't available. This way a group of players could start a game on the weekend and play normally till people need to leave then they can continue the game during the week, playing a turn or 2 a day whenever they have time without having to arrange to have everyone online at the same time. At least that's the theory, I haven't played a pitboss game due to lack of time.

I'm surprised the more serious civ4 players haven't already asked for a TG pitboss server, but maybe people just don't know about it, or maybe the civ4 players here are running their own pitboss servers.

Comment

we typically just start up a game on the fly or schedule something here. It's a very long game and almost never ending most of the time.

- -

Comment

Multiplayer Civ4 never really did it for me. When you can be screwed early on by simple map placement, it makes MP that much less fun. Single player is fun, but that's mainly becuase you can restart if your cause is clearly hopeless.
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

more infor on warlords...

http://pc.ign.com/articles/719/719278p1.html
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X