did you know?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did you know?

Come on, do I have to post all the news, lol...

Stopped by the local GameStop today, noticed Civ 4 Warlords is out...

Bought it even thou I haven't had time to play Civ 4 since after about 2 months after release.

40 bucks BTW
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: did you know?

I ordered my copy of Warlords from Amazon.

Comment

I hate to tell you this but there is a free download out there that is better than Warlords. It has more civilizations, leaders, a bunch more technologies and it plays great. If you get time then look for sevomod for civ IV.

Comment

Direct2Drive has also relased it.... No more DVD to play... and 30 bucks over there

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| B
          Direct2Drive has also relased it.... No more DVD to play... and 30 bucks over there
          Tell me more about Direct2Drive. One of the things that I REALLY like about Steam, is that if I reformat my PC, all I have to do is install Steam and the next day I have every single game that I've ever bought, installed and patched, just waiting for me to play. All I have to do is sign in to Steam and click on the games that I want, everything else is automatic. This also allows me to have Steam on two computers with the exact same games installed, so I can jump on either one, sign in and play any of my games.

Is Direct2Drive the same way? If I buy something from them, can I sign in to Direct2Drive and install a game on a computer anytime I want (only allowing one client signed in at a time, of course. I'm not trying to cheat the system here...)?
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

yah cing, you log in find the games you want Purchase the .exe and then D2D gives you a CD key if you will and then you can install them. They save all your info so it has key and downloads when you need them. IT doesnt have all the games out there but they get more and more all the time.

I think a few used it for GRAW and i used it for SWAT4
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Actually Cing, it's not quite like Steam. I believe you can only activate a serial number once on one set of hardware. So you can't just move around to different machines keeping only one active at a time. Also patching and downloading isn't automatic, you'll need to manually download patches and reload the install program if you want to move your stuff to a new computer. Note that you'll need to contact customer service to get a new number to activate your install on a new machine.

Comment

Originally posted by FriedFish
                Actually Cing, it's not quite like Steam. I believe you can only activate a serial number once on one set of hardware. So you can't just move around to different machines keeping only one active at a time. Also patching and downloading isn't automatic, you'll need to manually download patches and reload the install program if you want to move your stuff to a new computer. Note that you'll need to contact customer service to get a new number to activate your install on a new machine.
                Yeah, their website is horrible, but I eventually found the same things that you just told me.

Not interested...

I guess I'll be buying the expansion from the Tactical Market instead! (Link in my sig, BTW)
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X