Anyone home?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone home?

Anyone still play this? I picked it up over my vacation and found it very good.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Re: Anyone home?

TG-MD6. A City Too Far!

Yep. We're home. The link above is for a TG-MD6 sponsored (Warlords) game that took a short hiatus for the holidays, but will be back up and running this upcoming weekend. If you're interested in multiplayer let us know. I suggest...

1.) Lurking in the link I attached. Should give you a sense of when a new game might be starting up (although it may be a while), and

2.) Express an interest in filling in for someone on a temporary basis. There often is a need for substitutes for 1-2 weeks at a time due to vacations and work.

Game Host is Bernout.

Snarlin

Comment

Keep in mind that the game I'm hosting is Pitboss based with a 24 hour timer.

If you're looking for a realtime session of some kind then there may be some interest. I was PM'ing with AFsoccer before the holidays and he mentioned his interest in the game. I've also got him lined up for a sub in our ACTF game. :D

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

I love this game. I am completely addicted. I play for hours on end and I still stink.

Comment

LOL, yeah there's a lot to it so it's next to impossible to "master". I stick to the Noble difficulty level and am amazed when people say they win on the higher levels.

Comment

I have yet to win without using the world builder. I usually get frustrated when it seems that no matter what I do, I always fall behind somewhere around mid-game.

Comment

I'm on Prince. I think that is the one lower than Noble. I tried moving up and got attacked immediately by both civs I met. I was not ready. Have been working alot on my early game strats. I especially like the Oracle-Metal Casting-Engineer-Pyramids strat. Can get this to work almost 60% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by XSChunkylover77 View Post
                I'm on Prince. I think that is the one lower than Noble. I tried moving up and got attacked immediately by both civs I met. I was not ready. Have been working alot on my early game strats. I especially like the Oracle-Metal Casting-Engineer-Pyramids strat. Can get this to work almost 60% of the time.
                Actually, Prince is one level higher (i.e. harder) than Noble. I'm not sure what people see with the Pyramids...it's a Wonder I never go for. But then I'm not a huge fan of Great People in general either.

Originally posted by machowner
                I have yet to win without using the world builder. I usually get frustrated when it seems that no matter what I do, I always fall behind somewhere around mid-game.
                If you'd like I can make a post offering some suggestions. I haven't done extensive SP but I've been in a few successful MP games. The early game is critical and it's very important to get your economy built up. Commerce is everything.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

I can play on Prince, but I never win. I'm always in the middle somewhere so that's not much fun. Plus, the computer cheats too much on Prince level and above. LOL. On Noble, I can play against 7 computer civs and win about 50% of the time.

And yeah, finances are hugely important so build those cottages as soon as you can, especially along a river.

Comment

Just as an FYI, we're starting discussions on a TG hosted BTS game which should start sometime in March:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/civiliz...iscussion.html

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse