BTS Extended Mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTS Extended Mod

I have started a mod comp focused around being MP friendly. It is BAT MOD 2.0 at it's core with Next war added in to it.

I've also added leaders from Varietas Delectat and Resources from Quota Capita. It has so far worked for me on a couple games via Internet although it can be sketchy

v0.6- TO DO list
    remove the nextwar civs
    add more leaders for arabia and japan (new models possibly)
    add more naval units
    suggestions?

v0.5
    Cleaned XML for resources, civs and leaders.
    Merged Next war (including civs/leaders)
    Merged 7 leaders from QC/VD
    Dido/Carthaginian - I updated the materials for Dido to make her look better.
    Ho Chi Minh/Khmer - Updated materials to look better
    Sargon/Sumerian
    Smoke Jaguar/Mayan
    Sundiata/Malinese
    Van der donck/Netherlands
    Charles I/Spain
    Added 7 new resources to mingle with the rest.
    Salt, cotton, tea, apples, bison, shrimp, and prime timber.

Please give feedback and help is never shunned.

-vulcan

Download here and put the BTS Extended v0.5 folder in your Beyond the sword/mods folder.

You can also find it on civ fanatics once approved.

- -

Re: BTS Extended v0.5

new link
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=12975

- -

Comment

I've finished v0.8
      http://www.tacticalsites.com/~vulcan...tendedv0.8.rar

- -

Comment

Civ fanatics thread for it. All release notes and updates will posted on that.
        http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=341804

- -

Comment

big update to 1.2

- -

Comment

I see you are at version 1.4. Nice! I'm going to give it a run right now in SP mode just to get a feel for it. If it is MP solid then maybe the next TG game can use it seeing how FoW is wrapping up this month.

Any chance we could get a NoScore version of it?

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

what's NoScore? I'm not familiar with that.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                what's NoScore? I'm not familiar with that.
                From the Fog of War game:

Custom Mod

Download: http://home.comcast.net/~bernout1/Files/NoScore.zip

The mod provides the following changes:
                • Limited score. Only Wonders count and with as small a value as possible.
                • No global demographics.
                • Custom deity difficulty level. Tech cost has been increased to that of a deity epic game. Also, all AI bonuses have been removed.
                • Barbarian events have been removed (although events are not active for this game).
                • List of technologies popped from a Hut have been reduced.

Huge thanks and credit to Niklas for creating this mod! :D

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

That's a lot of core changes. Not something i'll incorporate to the mod but might be able to make a limited version though keeping it updated would be a huge task that i'm not willing to do. A bit of time with winmerge however wouldn't be to much for someone else though.

- -

Comment

That's a lot of core changes. Not something i'll incorporate to the mod but might be able to make a limited version though keeping it updated would be a huge task that i'm not willing to do. A bit of time with winmerge however wouldn't be to much for someone else though.
                    The changes aren't actually that bad given none of us are serious modders. Now having said that I now have no excuse for not trying to integrate it myself. ;)

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Originally posted by Bernout View Post
                      I see you are at version 1.4. Nice! I'm going to give it a run right now in SP mode just to get a feel for it. If it is MP solid then maybe the next TG game can use it seeing how FoW is wrapping up this month.
                      I like the mod although it is about 1600 AD in my SP game and I'm getting fairly regular memory related crashes. I haven't been counting my turns but I'm guessing it is every 6 turns or so. If I remember right from my ViSa days this is expected behavior. Those guys had some kind of fix that helped with the problem but was not compatible with MP.

I'm not sure if this would be an issue with MP Pitboss or not since we only ever play 1 turn at a time.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Re: BTS Extended v1.4

Heya Burnout :)

Are you using the most recent mod? V's up to 1.6 now... download here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=14030

So far in tests 1.5 worked great, but I haven't had a chance to test the 1.6 yet.
                        Last edited by Syaira; 01-16-2010, 12:06 PM.

Comment

1.6 is the newest version but I can't say on the memory crash. I think it's just civ being pushed as hard as it can though i don't have that problem myself. Typically the art can cause that crash. What civ where you using? I've corrected quite a bit of art in 1.6

Make sure you don't have a lot of custom assets in the custom assets folder too.

- -

Comment

1.6 is the newest version but I can't say on the memory crash. I think it's just civ being pushed as hard as it can though i don't have that problem myself. Typically the art can cause that crash. What civ where you using? I've corrected quite a bit of art in 1.6

Make sure you don't have a lot of custom assets in the custom assets folder too.
                            My nation was the Celts and the memory problems started to get really bad once I hit the Industrial Age. I'm lucky to make it through a turn right now so I may have to bail on it.

There's nothing in my custom assets folder at all.

Keep in mind I was playing a huge map with 18 nations so I'm sure that didn't help. And I'm 100% positive that other large mods have encountered similar memory issues. Even the workaround that ViSa had didn't fix the problem completely; I think only Firaxis could fix it for good with some code changes.

Now as far as doing a Pitboss game goes, I'm not sure if we could use it or not on large games.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Re: BTS Extended v1.6

yeah with 18 civs it's a lot for the game to handle. It could be all the ai combined with the art. If 18 players were playing it would probably be a different story especially when the game doesn't have to calculate ai and store are the art files. Only one way to find out if it would work with 18 players.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X