Which Civ 4 to pick up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Civ 4 to pick up?

I had the original Civ 4 when it first came out but lost it in my house fire. I've been itch'n to play some Civ and noticed there are several iterations of Civ 4 available. Which one(s) should I pick up? What is everyone else playing?
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Which Civ 4 to pick up?

The complete edition. It has all the content.

Civ 5 out this fall too!

- -

Comment

Downloading from steam now. I plan to get v5 when it comes out as well.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

I agree the complete edition is great and best part if you get the retail version NO DRM! Not that I wouldn't encourage you to buy several copies, but it does make is nice to be able to install on both my PC's without issue.

Comment

What is the best way to learn this game?

I just picked it up Sunday. I'm reading the manual, but that only goes so far.

Comment

www.civfanatics.com has a bunch of guides draeh. The best way though is to just play and learn the game. There are some tutorial scenarios you can run too.

- -

Comment

Best way to learn is to either play a bunch of standard games singleplayer vs several computers. Play it on Settler difficulty and slowly increase it until you are comfortable at Noble setting. Use the civpedia to help learn what each unit/building/improvement does.

The other way is to play with people. There are some games going on in this forum. I also host multiplayer games weekly (direct IP, not pitboss/email)...but you need to be around for at least 4-5 hours per session as we finish each game usually in 1-3 days depending on size/speed/scenario (each game changes the handicap and setup).

Right now we're playing Boreal/Aboreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Avs View Post
                The other way is to play with people. There are some games going on in this forum.
                Indeed there is! In fact, the PitSuc game being hosted by TG at the moment is geared towards beginners. The nice thing about Pitboss is that with 1 turn a day you have plenty of time to look things over. :) Let me know if you're interested Draeh and I'll assign you to a team with an experienced player to guide you.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Originally posted by Bernout View Post
                  Let me know if you're interested Draeh and I'll assign you to a team with an experienced player to guide you.

Bernout
                  I am definitely interested.

This morning I took the time to get the SUC mod installed and I even connected to the 'test' server. It gave me the option to pick an empire, but I backed out at that point assuming that the connection was successful.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
                    I am definitely interested.

This morning I took the time to get the SUC mod installed and I even connected to the 'test' server. It gave me the option to pick an empire, but I backed out at that point assuming that the connection was successful.
                    If you are logging into the test server, you should probably pick a civ and log into it, but don't set a password. If the mod fails, you won't know that until after the choice of civ ...

I wonder what year the test server is at?

So Bernout, who do you have in mind to sheperd draeh?

dV

Comment

Originally posted by da_Vinci View Post
                      If you are logging into the test server, you should probably pick a civ and log into it, but don't set a password. If the mod fails, you won't know that until after the choice of civ ...

I wonder what year the test server is at?
                      There is no test server. That was the battle server he was connecting to. ;)

So Bernout, who do you have in mind to sheperd draeh?
                      Morgan, Elkad or myself.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse