TG's Proper Way to Play Civ4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG's Proper Way to Play Civ4

I'm stoned. I'll admit it, and I don't really care who cares.

While playing a simple game of single-player Civ 4, I started to realize that I have began to move slower in score than the rest of the AI. I wondered why, and I noticed. I'm controling my workers, and starting SLOW. Now, let me explain slow. Every worker is building a farm around a local fresh water source. I'm researching Mining. I am playing Ghandi with Fast Workers, so they move faster and get things done quicker. I build mines on the hills, farms around the water, pastures on the animals, and on every single other square of my borders, I'm building cottages. Suddenly, I was like, "Wow."

I realized to myself that I just figured out the TG way to play Civ 4. I'm not saying to go slower in the game, I'm saying to do things the way a Civilization should do.

I had two cities after a few rounds and they were both around the water source. They weren't growing very much due to lack of available food, but the farms were going to make up for that shortly. I created two settlers and moved out. Out in search of a new area to expand in to. New resources to harvest, new land to explore, new wood to be chopped down for little blue hammers. I did exactly what any relatively intelligent leader would do. I created a haven for my people, and I wanted to increase my population to the max.

So, it hit me. Why not create a new game play revolving around expansion and solely expansion. I know there is a Conquer victory condition, but that's not what I'm saying. Expansion in a population sense. Create a new way to win by having the highest population after everyone has hit the highest technology. By everyone, I mean everyone. No time, no domination. Strictly culture, trade, and population expansion. I'm not talking about a simple 30 minute game here. I'm saying a game that'll span over the course of a few weeks. Make the game actually FEEL epic to you. Make you realize what it actually feels like to play a leader. See exactly where your cities go, and what resources they have, what entertainment, food, technology, protection, and ecology they had to survive in this harsh world for so, so long.

America is a prime example. We grew quickly because we had to. We traded for land, and avoided war at all costs, in some cases. We grew as a people, and we flourished as a community. We were more and more educated over the years. We faught more and more battles, yet we always wanted peace in our hearts. Finally, at our peak, we were intelligent, and many. We were the most, overall population of our world, and we won. Well.... now I'm pushing into the future, and I don't know if it goes that way or not, but my point is is that you can make it go that way if you want to... or, you could not, and play strictly domination. You could lose, and you could win.

I'm saying that we need to add a new aspect to the game. Not just tanks, and border crossings and destruction, but a strive for peace and growth. A strive for the entire world to work together as one and grow to a people instead of a planet.

I'm going the throw an idea at the makers of Civ 4 to make it totally expandable into space. Imagine growing a civilazation to the point of space conquest. New planets to build and create. A new place to expand your people's name in a vast universe of growing populations.

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: TG's Proper Way to Play Civ4

I was yelling at you on Teamspeak to play...
    [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
    [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

Yes, you are stoned.

Also, Im interested in your new victory conditions and was looking for an excuse to play around with the mod ability of civ4.
      USAR

Comment

Good idea squeak. Civ 4 kinda got screwed by Eve online TG wise, but I think if we mod it the right way it will be a game we can reserve for a certain night.

Mish, I missed you bro, my bad.

-Mom
        Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Eve what?
          USAR

Comment

EVE Online. Check the forums. 14 day free trial, slap yer momma hot game.

-Mom
            Yer Mom /O>

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X