Company of Heroes 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company of Heroes 2

Relic Entertainment takes you to the forgotten theatre of World War II in the debut trailer for the award winning Company of Heroes 2.

http://companyofheroes.com
    sigpic

Re: Company of Heroes 2

I really can't wait for this game. The original CoH was one of the best RTS titles I've ever played.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

"Sticky baahm!"

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
        I really can't wait for this game. The original CoH was one of the best RTS titles I've ever played.
        One of the best titles I ever played, period. At least before they started adding factions, fackering up the balance, and introducing game breaking bugs late in the game's patch cycle.

Can't wait for this, though. I had never been so hooked on an RTS as I was with CoH and I'm sure this will be in the same spirit.
        "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Still hooked today.

Lots of us play the Blitz mod.

sent from the phone using magic
          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

yep. that's a game.
            Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

So, anyone playing?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I tried the open beta and was not impressed. The new territory capture mechanic of just sitting on the point seems to take away the defenders advantage. And, the capturing of destroyed enemy units and being able to use it within a second of getting in seems really counter intuitive.

The weapon/ unit balanced felt fairly nerfed. The tank combat for example, felt like 2 iron clads going at it. And flamethrowers felt incredibly weak. It just felt like a continuation of COH 1s vanilla stats, towards the end of its life cycle.

However, I was impressed with the graphics and sound quality.
                |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

I feel the sane way socom, maybe in a few months when the mod community picks up it will be worth buying.
                  doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I have to say, I've been playing this quite a bit lately, and if you liked the original CoH, you will still like this.

Comment

I've been playing COH 1 through again. Enjoying it just as much now as I did upon release. Never played MP or any of the mods and I'm not even sure if I patched it at all. Anyways it's a nice change of pace from the usual ARMA action.

I know it's not the game...but I liked the trailer.
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I got COH2 and I'm playing it regularly. I really do enjoy it and I like some of the new mechanics like:

-Freezing in winter, where you need to build fires before you start losing men.

-The whole truesight system thing; basically objects block your vision. Most other rts games give vision of the map and enemies in a circle around your unit. Coh2 does this more realistically, and it works well imo. THis allows for many tactics that are not really there in any other RTS afaik. You can hide a squad in a bush and have them come out for a flank/ambush.

The scale is much smaller than blitzkrieg, and therefore COH2 actually runs better on my PC than blitzkrieg, which tortured my CPU.

I only play against the Computer with Drifterdave, or randoms trough the automatch feature. If anyone wants to play this with teamspeak, plz do contact me as it is more fun that way. You can find me trough steam.

I could also play versus people and I'm not excluding the possibility, but if you want to play with me against other people you will find that I'm way too old=slow and stoned=slower to actually properly play this kind of game. I do really enjoy it, and therefore recommend it to anyone.

PS having the darnest time beating the normal CPU opponents in the larger maps. Damn this game can be hard if you can't block bridges off etc!

Comment

I may have to pick it up. I was a die hard blitz player and did try the beta of coh2.

I was a little put off by the "arcade" game feel of the beta.

Has the final moved hit damage and the like more in the direction of blitzkrieg mod?
                          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

[MENTION=13663]Cougar[/MENTION].

The answer to your question unfortunately is no. I did not play beta, so I cannot compare. But the damage seems the same to me as COH1. I too preferred the damage of Blitz. On the other hand killing a few infantry off from a squad goes reasonably quick. Killing off the last man of a vet 3 squad... well hard.

It does seem to me that a good mortar hit or a grenade hit can be very damaging. If your squad happens to be all bunched up, one explosion may kill the whole squad.

Now if that element is your only worry... It's hard to recommend the game and I'd probably recommend to see if mods are coming (I haven't a clue).

For me some of the new mechanics and the game being a little more polished in general, make it a recommendable purchase generally speaking.

One of the things that attract me to this game is the fact that there is a competitive scene for it, a bit like Starcraft2. While I almost never play player versus player, I still like to watch some matches casted on youtube, see what the best players are doing, and practice it against the computer cooperatively. It's like I plan to play against people, but I never get to it by lack of fighting buddy on one hand, and because I get so nervous from it :D. And also... people are obnoxious often in that in online pvp play they do all kinds of cheesy rushes etc.

But another reason this competitive aspect attracts me, is that it gives the developer if they support this (if they have ANY sense they do) will keep updating and balancing the game for years to come. It is the difference between a game being patched a f"ew times and abandoned, or being supported for years and years, like COH1.

If in doubt, I'd say put it on your steam wishlist. You will be automatically notified if it is on sale. There is a good chance of it going on sale in the coming holiday period too. You should get it on steam anyway imo; the system to invite friends into the game is tied to steam anyway, and the lobby as such is gone from the game afaik.

Comment

Lol I just checked the steam sales and what do I see there: Coh2, -33%.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X