CoH out today...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoH out today...

Just in case you didn't know, Company of Heroes, is in stores TODAY.

I'm not big into RTS's, or WW2 games much anymore... but after playing the demo and the rave reviews and opinions popping up every where, I think I will pick it up tomorrow. (wish I could by it as a download.)

Expect my opinion, screens and video clips soon.
    Like you care, lol. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: CoH out today...

Woot, if Magnum's getting it that means I'll get all the info I need. I'm kinda on the edge about buying this; the reviews and stuff are great, and the demo's fun, but $50 when Warcraft III is still a great multiplayer RTS? I know I'd enjoy the single player but once that's over I dunno if I'll have gotten my money's worth.

Comment

Im asking for it for my birthday. Gonna be hard to wait 15+ days. Ya know, cuz thats a really long time and all.

Comment

I'm really liking the demo now :]

One thing I really dislike about the game, at least in the demo version, is that the audio cues for your units being attacked seem pretty weak. I feel like I really have to be babysitting them or they will just disappear and be dead.
        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

How come everywhere says that the game comes out on thursday? Hmm...gonnna go pick this bad boy up.

Comment

My local GameStop got 12 copies in yesterday and had two left this morning.
            A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

Comment

Be warned - the retail version has different hardware requirements than the demo. I could use full-res shadows and on the demo just fine, but they are disabled (along with some other settings) on the full version. Unless, of course, you have an nVidia 6800. Then it "allows" you to select the option of nice shadows. Oh, and nVidia just happens to be their video card sponsor. I call BS.

Anyway, it's good, but I'm forced to run it at slightly lower resolution than the demo. A little frustrating. Maybe it has something to do with my particular hardware. Dunno.
              In game handle: Steel Scion
              sigpic

Comment

No, I noticed the same thing. The full version runs a little more heavy on my machine. I know from the relic forums that SLI isn't working in the retail and it was fine in Beta. My guess is optimization with the retail build. It will probably be pathced out this weekend.

Other than that, really good game so far. The single player is a lot of fun, and the new MP maps are awesome.
                Do or do not, there is no try....
                -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

SLi fixed with the patch.

Comment

Looks like the demo is massive... Anyone got a good link?

Comment

fileplanet's public download was pretty fast

Comment

So far I'm liking the demo. Once I get my vid card problem resolved (6800GT went b-bye) I'll most likely be purchasing the game.
                        |TG-12th| asch
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                          Just in case you didn't know, Company of Heroes, is in stores TODAY.

I'm not big into RTS's, or WW2 games much anymore... but after playing the demo and the rave reviews and opinions popping up every where, I think I will pick it up tomorrow. (wish I could by it as a download.)

Expect my opinion, screens and video clips soon.
                          Like you care, lol. ;)
                          I care. Where's the review? :row__523:

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X