CoH Medic Bunker?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoH Medic Bunker?

I'm playing the demo and really loving it so far, but one thing I can't seem to figure out is the Medic Bunker. Can someone explain how this works? I've read threads where it says your medics will run out and fectch wounded players within the radius of the bunker. I've also read that this radius extends pretty far. Well when I click on my bunker the radius is like 10 meters max. And when I send wounded troops within the radius nothing happens. When I tell them to move into the bunker nothing happens. There are no "troops" to build for the medic bunker and I've never seen anything come out of it.

Also I've read about people building medic bunkers behind the front lines, but when I try to build one it only allows me to build in the main base.

What am I missing?

Oh and how do you kill a sniper with just infantry? I chased one around the map an entire round and could never keep it in sight long enough to kill it.

And yes I'm not very good at RTS's :madsmile:
    flux
    [tg-c1]

Re: CoH Medic Bunker?

Haha I was wondering the exact same thing. I've built this a few times, and once I actually got it to work; the medics went out and fetched wounded guys and brought them back. But then they just chilled in the bunker and I couldn't figure out how to make them come out. Not very useful if you ask me :D

And as for killing snipers, one infantry squad is probably not the best thing to use. Two or more can trap him in a pincer movement, but your best bet is a jeep or any other vehicle. Or, if you get him in a building, blow up the building.

Comment

I believe the medics will fetch wounded players without your input. Not sure about this though.

Use a jeep for that sniper.
      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

The medics are the guys in white on the battlefield. They will go out and pick up the corpses on the field. You will see them sling a guy onto their shoulders and slowly walk back to the aid station. The only time I've seen them is when they have been on the computer's side. Since they are slow, they are extremely vulnerable to enemy fire and can easily be wiped out since they cant protect themselves. From what has been explained to me, once the station has received enough patients, you will be able to release a squad from that station. The whole process seems too slow to be of much use in such a fast paced game.
        -33rd- BaneII
        Smokers & Jokers

Comment

I can't even figure out how to build one of these medic stations. The only structure I see when I play is the triage center, and THAT's pretty much a waste too. I can't put infantry in it to heal, and there is no radius around it either!
          |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
          [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Ugggg I've tried to explain this to the rest of the 33rd a few times now.

Medic Bunker - Under defensive structures tab. You can build it anywhere on the map. Everytime one of your infantry units is mortally wounded, a medic will run out to try to save them from the bunker. So if the bunker is way back in your main base, the medic will still try to run out there, but the soldier will probably die before he gets there because it is so far away. When the medic brings back troops, it fills a red bar. When the bar fills, you get a free random infantry squad.

Triage Center - Built from the base structers tab. Can only be built in your main base territory. When built, it will heal all troops in the very small radius around it. It will heal them, but it will not reinforce them back to a full squad. So I always build mine next to my HQ so I can reinforce them while they are being healed.

Every german infantry get medic packs that can heal them anywhere on the battlefield, so they don't have to worry about a triage center.
            |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

They aren't worth it in my opinion. I try to rotate my forces so I can keep my veteran units with their picked up weapons at full strength. Having a weaker infantry squad pop up when I need to reinforce a money squad or create a new AT gun really throws a wrench in the cogs.

Comment

The Triage center can be useful. I tend to use retreat often and avoid losing uints at all cost. One of these set up right by your HQ helps with getting your units back to strength and back to the front lines quickly.
                Do or do not, there is no try....
                -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

The triage is definitely a life saver. As Dark Viper said, its best to build it next to your HQ so you can heal and reinforce at the same time.

Comment

I can see my first problem is thinking the Triage Center was a Medic Bunker. Hmm, I guess I'll have to look around for the Medic Bunker now.

Thanks for the help :row__523:

And they should have called the "Retreat" button something else. Seems so cowardly. HOLD YOUR LINE! I guess I should learn to live to fight another day.
                    flux
                    [tg-c1]

Comment

Flux, look at Dark Viper's post, he has the details lined out and where to find it.

Comment

I don't think medics out in the field get attacked automatically or are high priority targets, not without a re-interpretation of the Geneva Convention anyway.

They're selectable though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X