Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company of heroes Hardware guide

http://www.gamespot.com/features/615...pslot;action;2

Nice article from GameSpot if you have problems running CoH's might be worth a read... I can brag that I don't haha. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Company of heroes Hardware guide

My Radeon 9600 ran the demo just fine. It looked better than DoW and ran better too. Hooray for new engines.

Comment

Am I the only one looking at photos which appear identical and wondering why I wouldn't turn down the settings?
      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Mouse-over to see the difference. I get by on my XPS laptop, but if I want to keep the fps up I need to switch off post effects. Which is a little disheartening.
        In game handle: Steel Scion
        sigpic

Comment

I got a 7800 gtx 256mb and i play with most of the stuff on high or ultra. I did have to drop a few things to get it to run smoother though. Damn those dx10 cards cant come out soon enough...

Comment

I've got the game now, and I'm quite happy with how it runs on my 9800Pro at 1440x900. I was beginning to wonder when the 9800 Pro wasn't even on the list.

Comment

Thats encouraging. I have a 9700 pro. I can accept the fact that ill probably have to play on the lowest settings, but the gameplay is far more important to me than eye candy.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu View Post
                My Radeon 9600 ran the demo just fine. It looked better than DoW and ran better too. Hooray for good programmers

Fix that for you.
                RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I've a Athlon X2. Only problem I have is sound stuttering that's fixed by reloading a saved game. Installing AMD's Dual-CPU optimizer makes my mobo go crazy.

Comment

Hmm. I wanted to try the demo but was scared away when they said they recommended minimum card was a 6600GT and I have a 6600. Guess I'll have to redownload the demo and give it a whirl.
                    Battlefield Admin() ()
                    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                    | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
                      Mouse-over to see the difference. I get by on my XPS laptop, but if I want to keep the fps up I need to switch off post effects. Which is a little disheartening.
                      Ah, gotcha!

The only interesting difference in ANY of the comparisons was the shadows vs no shadows. I can live without shadows if I must.

I was told that you can even play this thing on a GF3 card!

Comment

I seem to only have lag (and a lot of it) when there are many trees present. What would be the best setting to turn down?

I have a AMD64 3200+ and a 6800GT.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
                          I seem to only have lag (and a lot of it) when there are many trees present. What would be the best setting to turn down?

I have a AMD64 3200+ and a 6800GT.
                          Shader Quality Low

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
                            Thats encouraging. I have a 9700 pro. I can accept the fact that ill probably have to play on the lowest settings, but the gameplay is far more important to me than eye candy.
                            I agree. I rather have the game playable than jerky movement because the graphics are set way too high.
                            XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

Hmm.. Redownloaded the sp demo and gave it a whirl through the training and the initial landing. Game runs fine on mostly low settings (whatever it autodetected from the performance test? AMD64 3000+/1.5GB/GF6600). Pretty fun. Not sure I wanna buy it cuz I have a feeling that it'll get shelved pretty quickly.
                              Battlefield Admin() ()
                              [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                              [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                              | for | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed