Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which CoH side do you favor & is AT gun too powerful?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which CoH side do you favor & is AT gun too powerful?

I think not being able to build outposts with anything but engineers is a major downside of the Axis. Also the smaller infantry squad size makes them easier picks for snipers. It's also a disadvantage when you have to split up a squad for heavy weapons. Axis also cannot demolish buildings or bridges or plow through obstacles. If you can tech up to real tanks (Stug doesn't count) Axis can be powerful, but with paradropped AT guns and their longer reach and seemingly better accuracy it's still tough.

Re: Which CoH side do you favor & is AT gun too powerful?

still working my way through sp as the allies...Looking forward to mixing it up on MP with some tgers...AT gun is powerful for allies though...Last night I was battling nebelwerfers (sp?) and 88's...tooke me a long time to beat that level so the Axis have some pretty decent power too.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

To counter most of your Allies rule points there, erm lol. German snipers fire faster, they can blow bridges & buildings with Goliths, & Tigers can plow through tank traps and hedgerows.

I do prefer Germans a little bit more. Tanks are more powerful, rank 3 veterancy without any combat, MG bunkers don't cost fuel, Propaganda ability is freaking cheap, etc..

As for the AT guns, ummm use infantry or arty to take them out.
      |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

From the demo (which is basically the full game on one map as I understand it) I like both sides about the same, but I think I have to go with Americans. The rifleman squads with the BAR are pretty great, especially with grenades and sticky bombs. I also like having 3 dudes in an engineer squad vs 2 in a pioneer squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Viper View Post
          To counter most of your Allies rule points there, erm lol. German snipers fire faster, they can blow bridges & buildings with Goliths, & Tigers can plow through tank traps and hedgerows.

I do prefer Germans a little bit more. Tanks are more powerful, rank 3 veterancy without any combat, MG bunkers don't cost fuel, Propaganda ability is freaking cheap, etc..

As for the AT guns, ummm use infantry or arty to take them out.
          Goliath costs 150 ammo to build. Demo costs 50. Unless you know of a quick way to field Tigers the only way I know is through Rank 3 commander tree.

Arty isn't so great on mobile targets due to the flares. Maybe the howitzer, if it doesn't warn you in advance.

Comment

From what ive gathered, the Axis AT gun is stronger against armor, but does very little against infantry. It can also cloak, so a smart player can set up an ambush and hit armor in the rear when it passes. Also, the line of sight is wider, but i think shorter.

The allies AT gun is essentially the opposite. Its weaker vs armor, but stronger vs infantry. It cant cloak, line of sight is narrower but i believe longer.

I think if you know the advantages and disadvantages of each, then it all comes down to how you setup the AT gun. Put it in its best positioning and itll do great. Just remember that theyre incredibly prone to flanking from infantry because theyre so slow to turn.

Comment

Axis: Snipers, camo'ed stormtroops and AT guns. Nuff said.

Make them focus on your big heavy armor and then pull your surprise attack by incloaking all of the above for the killing blow.
              Do or do not, there is no try....
              -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Originally posted by tpg0007 View Post
                Goliath costs 150 ammo to build. Demo costs 50. Unless you know of a quick way to field Tigers the only way I know is through Rank 3 commander tree.

Arty isn't so great on mobile targets due to the flares. Maybe the howitzer, if it doesn't warn you in advance.
                I don't mean to counter every point you make here as each side does have its positives and negatives.

Goliaths only cost 125 ammo (small difference I know) they instantly blow the bridges if they are anywhere on it. Demo charges cost 100 manpower, 30 fuel, and about 1 minute to research (which can really hurt at the beginning of a game). It takes the enginners about 45 seconds to set the charges and they can die while doing it.

When I go Blitz doctorine, I can usually get a Tiger up around the time any Allied players get their tank factory going. It only costs 8 command points to get to it and that is easily reached fast if you have a well placed MG and sniper squad. And the 1000 manpower is no problem if you don't squander your resources.

And by means of arty, I sorta meant anything with indirect fire. Mortars, nebelwerfers, "walking stukas", and of course off map support.
                |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

Not to mention that with Resource Blitz, you can generally get 2 tigers out within half a minute of each other. Blitz is a very nasty discipline if you can hold them at the beginning of the game without squandering munitions.
                  Do or do not, there is no try....
                  -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

The Allies' AT gun does have the armor piercing shells for a couple of shots at the cost of 50 ammo points to help against armor. AT guns can dominate an approach but are easy targets for infantry and any attack outside of their firing cone if not being micromanaged by the user.

Comment

Allied AT Gun has to be strong because the only way to beat the german tanks is to outnumber them with either AT guns or Allied tanks.
                      XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

AT gun seems to me to be a bit too strong. I mean, they can go head-to-head with a tank and beat them, taking several shells and little damage. :row__684:

My preferred side so far is definitely Axis.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Um, don't attack AT guns from the front. Use infantry if you must to flank them. Since you play Axis, a nice group of camouflaged StormTroopers do the job quite well.
                          It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

If the AT guns were less powerful there would be a huge imbalance. The axis biggest strong point is their armor, so with less powerful AT guns the best strategy for axis would be to immediatly tech to the panzer command and pump out panthers constantly. Since the american AT gun has a narrow attacking lane, its best to build volks or grenadiers to flank the AT guns and then move in the armor.

Since its relativly easy to flank an AT gun with infantry, its important as the allies to 1) Keep AT guns spread out and hitting as many sides of armor as possible, 2) Have "leapfrogged" AT guns, as in one AT gun is farther up and the other is farther behind, and 3) have the AT guns covered by MGs or rifleman.

Comment

Santa's 3rd tip is probably the most important to protect your AT's. You definately should consider including infantry in any of your repertoire (tanks or AT's).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X