CoH, some general questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoH, some general questions

1. How do you remap the keys, I'm guessing its through the config files outside the game?

2. What does garisoning troops in buildings do to their stats? Is it the same as being in high cover? My troops inside the building seemed almost invincible. Granted you could destroy the building and kill them all.

3. If I have 4 shermans grouped together and I hit 'S' for smoke, do they all smoke or just one at a time? This has a big effect on whether I have 4 riflemen squad all sticky a tank (don't want to do this) or the game just picks one to carry out the order.

4. Are sandbags free to build or do they cost money? I know barbwire is free.

5. Can snipers capture points?

6. Friendly fire: I'm having a problem with using my mortar men in support of rifleman in a big group. It seems unless I separate them and using them as two different squads the mortar men will hit my own troops quite a bit. I'll have them run up to throw a grenade, the grenade kills the germans, then finally the mortar round comes down (which takes forever) and hits my own troops who were chasing the germans to nade them.

7. Mortars seem to outrange everything. The mortar team can fire much farther than it can see, so if I put a sniper camoed out front, he can walk up to spot enemies and then the mortar team attacks them - this almost seems unfair.
    Last edited by BHack; 09-28-2006, 10:32 AM.

Re: CoH, some general questions

1. Dont know.

2. Yes they have cover. I'm not sure how good but it's better than being out in the open. Plus, you get the advantage of having the high ground in multi story buildings. However, you can still decimate them even without destroying the building. A sniper will just shoot them through whatever opening they are firing out of. A tank and flamethrower also does well for flushing them out. Arty is a favorite of mine to clear a building, either bringing it down around their ears or just wasting them with an area attack.

3. From what I can tell, giving an order to a group will have everyone carry out that order. I would assume it is the same for tanks.

4. Sandbags, tank obstacles, and wire are cost free.

5. Yes, but they have a slow rate of capture.

6. Separate your indirect fire teams from your direct fire teams since they have different rates of fire.

7. Artillery has the longest range in the game with mortars coming second. While mortars do have range, they are slow to setup and fire, and extremely vulnerable to direct attacks so it balances out. There is a difference between the German and American mortars but I cannot remember that exact details. The whole point of indirect fire is to attack points from a distance. You trade accuracy for safety and range.
    -33rd- BaneII
    Smokers & Jokers

Comment

Originally posted by BHack View Post
      3. If I have 4 shermans grouped together and I hit 'S' for smoke, do they all smoke or just one at a time? This has a big effect on whether I have 4 riflemen squad all sticky a tank (don't want to do this) or the game just picks one to carry out the order.
      If you give a special power command to a group, all members of the group able to will perform that action. Remember that you can give commands to individual units by selecting them from the center HUD window. This will not deselect the rest of the squad, and you can go back to directing the whole group by clicking the left-most shield icon.
      In game handle: Steel Scion
      sigpic

Comment

1. Dunno

2. Aside from Bane's advice, an engineer with a flamethrower or tank cannons/AT guns are pretty good. Also, mortars can just pound on them.

3. If you don't want everyone to do it, hit tab first to just select one of the squads in the selection.

4. Barbed wire is free? Hot diggity.

5. Only if they're not in camo.

6. Just group the mortar seperately. It's an indirect fire weapon, not some magical gun that you can just shoot at the enemy and hope it only hits them.

7. This is an observation, not a question, but that's how artillery works in just about every real time strategy game; it can fire farther than it can see, and it outranges everything.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X