Aar 9-30-06

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aar 9-30-06

I'll try to keep this AAR brief. I had a marathon session yesterday that began roughly around 9:30 am until almost 12 p.m. with few breaks in between. It was non-stop action with Bane, Snail, RedBane, Tybalt, Bommando, SumLuv, DarkViper, Experiment and myself. We played against the computer or against ourselves with people popping in and out of Teamspeak.

A couple highlights include Experiment and Bane taking on Snail, SumLuv and myself. We were looking pretty good from the get go with most of the control points taken, but we were spread too thin. Bane and Experiment slowly advanced on our half of the map until we were pushed back to our bases. Snail kept doing recon missions with his plan to paradrop infantry units behind their lines, but each recon mission gave us a window to Bane and Experiment's army massing at almost every point. It was like the Lord of the Rings' Battle of Helms Deep. There we were with our backs against the wall trying to keep up with their Bane and Experiment's evil army's relentless assault, only we didn't have Gandalf to save us in hour final hour of need...lol, sorry a little dramatic...the inevitable occurred with SumLuv's base falling first- we surrendered shortly thereafter.

Another good game was when Bommando, Dark Viper and I teamed up to challenge some pubbies. Bom and DV were affective with their coordinated assault, and as far as I could tell they were able to compliment each others doctrines by having DV go armor and Bom airbourne. Bom and DV kept the heat on their front line with DV sending armor and Bom droping AA crews with infantry for support. I kept the west side semi-clear as they advanced on the east. Before I knew it DV and Bom overran their base in just under 25 mins- which was pretty impressive considering the average game runs almost 40-45 mins with 3v3 people.

Big props to SumLuv and Experiment for playing for the first time. They went toe to toe against each other for the most part in their first match. Experiment and SumLuv both looked like a pro's with Experiment's armor columns and SumLuv's well fortified base.

Again, good games by all. Damn- I tried to keep this short sorry again for the long read.
    Last edited by NorCalRoach; 10-01-2006, 02:56 PM.

Re: Aar 9-30-06

You're making me want to get this game. Curse you! Don't you know I've got work to do?

Comment

My average games have been about 30 mins with 1 vs. 1 battles.
      XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalRoach View Post
        A couple highlights include Experiment and Bane taking on Snail, SumLuv and myself. We were looking pretty good from the get go with most of the control points taken, but we were spread too thin. Bane and Experiment slowly advanced on our half of the map until we were pushed back to our bases. Snail kept doing recon missions with his plan to paradrop infantry units behind their lines, but each recon mission gave us a window to Bane and Experiment's army massing at almost every point. It was like the Lord of the Rings' Battle of Helms Deep. There we were with our backs against the wall trying to keep up with their Bane and Experiment's evil army's relentless assault, only we didn't have Gandalf to save us in hour final hour of need...lol, sorry a little dramatic...the inevitable occurred with SumLuv's base falling first- we surrendered shortly thereafter.
        Yeah, that was cool. Except that I was with RedBane, not Experiment. :icon_cool
        -33rd- BaneII
        Smokers & Jokers

Comment

Originally posted by BaneII View Post
          Yeah, that was cool. Except that I was with RedBane, not Experiment. :icon_cool
          Doooohh...sry Red...Bane's right, it was Red and not Experiment. Got to drink coffee before I writing this stuff...

Comment

Nice video, Bommando. Thanks for posting it. This game looks interesting.

As a side note, I wonder if Hans Zimmer should just become a full-time composer for video games. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
              hehe, I wondered when someone would comment on that. The in-game music is actually excellent and I almost just stuck with that, but went down the trusty action score route instead :)
              It's from The Rock, if I recall (Hummell Gets the Rockets?), and I think it's a good choice. I'm a Hans Zimmer fan, so I always enjoy hearing his stuff.

Comment

hans zimmer is pretty much the pinnacle of composing scores for movies and games at the moment. Anything he does just rocks. Nice vid Bom.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X