CoH Bronze Star

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoH Bronze Star

How??? (Potential spoilers in this thread)

Ok, so I am chugging slowly through the single-player missions and in the 4th mission, you defend against a counterattack. The secondary objective is to get 250 kills. I did the mission once just fine, but I got nowhere near 250. Then I did it again and was stronger, but still only about 200 at the end. Then I repeated one more time, and this time I absolutely kicked CPU butt all over the map, but still ran out of time before getting to the goal. This last time, I got about 225/250, and I can't see myself doing better next time.

So, any tips from someone who has done it? Yes, I obsess over little secondary missions. Someone in a review said that the single player campaign is rather short, but it sure isn't for me. :)
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Re: CoH Bronze Star

Play the mission on easy and you only need 150 kills. If you don't want to do that, set up all your defenses far north right where the germans come in at. I got over 250 kills that way, but lost a ton of men.
    |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

Its impossible or really really hard to get those second objectives on the "normal difficulty", I can get some of them but not all of them.
      XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

instead of building your defenses on the south sides of the bridges build on the NORTH side. The way this map works is that the enemy spawns in when you kill people. So the faster you kill them, the more you get to kill. Have "layers" of defenses so when the inevitable arty hits youll have a backup.

As for layout, I try to have 2 ATs on each bridge in case one gets artied...2 mg nests on each, an engy squad (to repair/rebuild), lots of mines, a mortar team far back but close enough to hit anything for each bridge, at least one squad of paratroopers, a sniper in each building by the bridges, and if i have any spare room, an mg squad or two. By building far north with layered defense, youll be able to get the medal no prob.

Comment

When I got the 225, it was by sending tons of guys up north. I really thrashed the CPU up there. He was still chasing my guys around on the north side when the re-inforcements arrived.

Goals like that annoy me, but if I know they are going to keep making them like that, I will just ignore them.

Edit: 30 minutes and one more try later, I easily got past 250. I didn't put ANY defenses south of the river. I just kept sending things up to take them on.
          Last edited by icky; 10-02-2006, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
            To me, it's no difference going down a notch to Hard or Normal than it is Easy. Why would I jump down one notch in difficulty just to get the medal, I might as well just go Easy for the medal. If nobody can confirm that they have over 350 on Expert, I'll not bother. As before, if it takes luck or prior knowledge of spawn points to get the medal, then I don't consider it a fair quota.
            Psycho. :)

I tried to play through Warcraft 3 on the hardest difficulty, but it turned into not-alot-of-fun on one of the mid-way maps. Instead of finishing it on an easier level, I shelfed it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X