This game has infuriated me.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This game has infuriated me.

I've looked through the manual, I've looked through the in-game tutorials, I've looked in other forums.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU SEND TEXT MESSAGES IN-GAME TO YOUR TEAMMATE OR OPPOSITION?!

I find it absolutely absurd that there's no documentation on this.

Re: This game has infuriated me.

"enter" to team, "shift-enter" for all.

Comment

Appreciate it. I swore off playing multiplayer until I could communicate.

Comment

You could always use teamspeak if it was with other TGers, but yes, that would be a very frustrating problem not knowing how to talk.

Comment

I played the game one time back when I bought it a couple months ago then uninstalled it didn't like it too much....got bored lastnight and decided to give it another shot so I re-installed lastnight and I will admit..I was up till 4 this morning playing lol...I will lurk around TS and wait for a game or 2. my name in-game is Rookie420. Hopefulyl I can learn a thing or 2 from some of you CoH veterans!
          PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

This is probably one the best RTS's ever made. I have a real hate for Relic however, mainly because they made it so great yet their support of key issues in it has been less than stellar. For instance, the ladder is a complete farce. Stats don't report correctly, wins get marked as losses, and vice-versa. In addition, no arranged team matches make playing with your friends competitively impossible unless you go thru CAL. :barf:

It's still my favorite game installed right now.
            It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

LOL, I didn't figure out how to chat to everyone in a team game until yesterday. Poor documentation, agreed.

Rookie, I went through the same thing. I played about half the campaign and a few skirmishes vs the CPU when I first got the game, but I kind of got bored with it. When I picked it back up again a couple of weeks ago though, I instantly got hooked and haven't been able to put it down. I love the multiplayer games, even though I lose far more than I win.
              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by fldash View Post
                This is probably one the best RTS's ever made. I have a real hate for Relic however, mainly because they made it so great yet their support of key issues in it has been less than stellar. For instance, the ladder is a complete farce. Stats don't report correctly, wins get marked as losses, and vice-versa. In addition, no arranged team matches make playing with your friends competitively impossible unless you go thru CAL. :barf:

It's still my favorite game installed right now.
                The ladder and no arranged teams are the least of our worries. Smoke needs to get fixed or removed for the time being. Also the AI needs to be worked on. (Infantry doing stupid stuff like moving out of cover and more importantly tank drivers not knowing how to drive.) Shreks still go through tanks.
                RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I agree with the balance changes also but I don't think those are what's keeping the player numbers low. I think it comes down to how bad Relic Online is at making it easy to join matches and the other things I mentioned above.

I still seem to do okay with Axis despite those Allies imbalances.

http://www.relicrank.com/player.php?player_id=2493
                  It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
                    LOL, I didn't figure out how to chat to everyone in a team game until yesterday. Poor documentation, agreed.
                    Why didn't you just ask someone in the game? :D

There are a few RTS and FPS "standards", and this is one of them.
                    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

'T', 'Y', and 'Enter' are always the three keys I try before I look in the manual or ask someone. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by icky View Post
                        Why didn't you just ask someone in the game? :D
                        I actually didn't even know you could chat with everyone in a team game. I had always clicked the chat icon on the left side of the screen to chat, and didn't realize there was any other way. :D
                        "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Its a great game but i have a few quirks with it.
                          • Calliope barrage still seems too powerful
                          • BARs should not be able to suppress more than one squad unless they are coming from the same vector
                          • Axis T2 could use a buff. Either 5 man gren squads, or better in yellow cover.
                          • In 80% of the games i play, the player that gets the first armor piece ends up winning. This also encourages shorter infantry battles, which are the best part of the game
                          • Ladder system has been bugged, but improved a bit since 1.4. I still play way too many people far under my rank, and those games are boring.
                          • Game in general is too dependent on map knowledge to the point of being ridiculous. Most comprehensive map strategies involve a ridonkulous amount of barb wire cutting off tiny choke points that lead to the entire map. Saving grace is that after you play a map enough, you know all the wire tricks and how to get around them.
                          • Axis veterancy is not an option in 1 vs 1. If you have enough feul/MP to get veterancy, you have already won (or lost because you did that)
                          • I wish both axis and allied had to play in every tier. I dont know how they would incorporate that, but a strategy to completely skip a tier should result in you losing total map control because you cant compete for a while.
                          • Icky sucks

Comment

HAHA! I KNEW that was coming.

- The game is cool.
                            - You don't notice any imbalances in multiplayer until you play good players who know how to take advantage of them.
                            - I need strats on paper so that I stop making people lose
                            - I suck
                            Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
                              Its a great game but i have a few quirks with it.
                              • Calliope barrage still seems too powerful
                              • BARs should not be able to suppress more than one squad unless they are coming from the same vector
                              • Axis T2 could use a buff. Either 5 man gren squads, or better in yellow cover.
                              • In 80&#37; of the games i play, the player that gets the first armor piece ends up winning. This also encourages shorter infantry battles, which are the best part of the game
                              • Ladder system has been bugged, but improved a bit since 1.4. I still play way too many people far under my rank, and those games are boring.
                              • Game in general is too dependent on map knowledge to the point of being ridiculous. Most comprehensive map strategies involve a ridonkulous amount of barb wire cutting off tiny choke points that lead to the entire map. Saving grace is that after you play a map enough, you know all the wire tricks and how to get around them.
                              • Axis veterancy is not an option in 1 vs 1. If you have enough feul/MP to get veterancy, you have already won (or lost because you did that)
                              • I wish both axis and allied had to play in every tier. I dont know how they would incorporate that, but a strategy to completely skip a tier should result in you losing total map control because you cant compete for a while.
                              • Icky sucks

I never really had a problem with the Calliope. I always just found it a 75mm Sherman which to me at this point is more or less cannon fodder. As an axis player I agree with you on the BAR (that things just rends my infantry except for Sturm squads useless.)

On the subject of skipping teirs for the past week or so I have been running into nothing but allies that use all of their buildings granted they go airborne for the 57mm. God I swear I am scared of the 57mm more then I am of Allied tanks.

Edit: I forgot to mention the 5% health thing for tanks. From what I can gather it is actaully a feature based on history. During their research they found that tanks can take several non damaging hits and that is where the 5% thing comes from. Now I am all for historical accuracy but I don't think this is it. At the ranges in this game most things should more or less be one shooting each other.

Also they really need to stop with some of the other stupid stuff. I swear to you I saw a 57mm shell bounce off of my MG42 and I have heard of 88mm shells bouncing off of a jeep.
                              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                              TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                              "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X