Stats wipe coming 1/8/07

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats wipe coming 1/8/07

Ok, have I become TG's official CoH cheerleader yet?

Anyway, on to business: Relic's community relations manager Buggo has announced a stats wipe is coming next month. Prizes will be handed out after 3 months on the new stats, and then they'll be wiped again. The post also alludes to punishment for drophackers.

Originally posted by Buggo
    “Please be aware that Relic is resetting user stats and leaderboards in Company of Heroes on Monday, January 8th at 11:00 AM PST.

Patch 1.4 has resolved issues of rank reporting, therefore we would like to give the community a fresh start. Please note that both ranked and basic stats will be cleared on this date. On March 1st, 2007, we will recognize the top three players with prizes. At this time, ranked statistics will be cleared.

We also want to bring to your attention that we there was code added to Patch 1.4 to track drop hacking. Please be aware that this tracks accounts, not profiles, so “smurfing” will not circumvent the tracking. Cheating will not be tolerated in Company of Heroes.

Thank you!

The Relic Team”
    Source
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Re: Stats wipe coming 1/8/07

Hmm. I guess I'm glad they are finally wiping the ladder but if players can still drop hack, is it really fixing anything?

It's weird that they are wiping on Jan 8th, then again on March 1st. Are they planning on wiping the stats every 3 months?
    It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

Well, that is a bummer for those who have done well and put a lot of time into CoH. It would be kinda cool if they reset quarterly (every 3 months) and at the end of each quarter awarded the top3. Being that they are THE game of the year it would be a nice step up or change from other games that don;t use that system.
      PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Originally posted by fldash View Post
        Hmm. I guess I'm glad they are finally wiping the ladder but if players can still drop hack, is it really fixing anything?

It's weird that they are wiping on Jan 8th, then again on March 1st. Are they planning on wiping the stats every 3 months?
        Apparently they're doing it with the approval of most of the top players. The key here is that they'll be giving away prizes at the end of the new 3 months cycle. I'm not sure if they will continue to wipe every 3 months though.
        "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Good, now I can start again and nobody will know how much I suck. At least for the first few weeks. ;)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
            Good, now I can start again and nobody will know how much I suck. At least for the first few weeks. ;)
            llol yeah thats my thoughts exactly
            PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

I hope weighted wins and losses have more of an effect this time though, because more likely the top player will be the one that plays entirely too much. But doesnt effect me any, cuz i dont see myself getting that high regardless ;)

Comment

It means that for at least a week, new players everywhere will be matched up with folks who have 300+ wins under their belts. Enjoy!

Regular resets are a good way to promote interest in the game, though. They really should reset more frequently, but I don't really care.
                Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X