• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COH Online War

Inspired by this thread:

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?p=2046735

I've posted this reply:

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthre...35#post2046735

Please let me know what you think. I've already determined that most of what would need to be done is already being accomplished with COH modifications. We are simply taking it a step further into the 'online war' system, something like WW2OL, however not really completely persistent.
    It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Re: COH Online War

Yah these things are fun, we do campaigns like this at a local minatures hobby shop for warhammer 40,000. We have a huge map on paper, and you fight out for each tile or so on a table. like a whole war.
    |TG-Irr|TanithGhost
    100 pixels height is too small people.

Comment

http://www.foxtrot7.com/forum

Starting to gather information...
      It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

I've been making progress but would really like some feedback from those that have an opinion in the matter. I really need to decide how the mod should play...

Comment

I think it would be cool to adjust the game in such a way that:
          1. the person with the advantage will not be guaranteed a win
          2. the advantage is unknown to the opponent at the start of the game

That pretty much requires that it be a subtle advantage. Something like +1 infantry in squads or faster infantry build time would be good.

*shrug* I don't really know. :)
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

There has been a lot of work put into this and it was actually mentioned in the most recent Tales of Heroes show (I didn't hear what was said about us).

You can read lots of information about what's been accomplished here:
            http://www.foxtrot7.com/forum/index.php/board,2.0.html

It'd start with the Design Preview then the Information Preview, then if you are interested we'll be starting an Alpha at the beginning of February.

Comment

Sweet, sounds like you guys are getting close.

Vittensby pretty much said it's a good idea but sounds too complicated to actually work. Bridger half-heartedly agreed, but they both wished you luck.
              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

We are getting closer, but the lack of a cohesive team is hurting a bit. Basically there's only two of us doing the work, naradaman and myself. Ucross is providing the game play design for the most part and UnderHeavyFire is trying to help us develop a flash map but that is going ridiculously slow.

I'm doing most of the game modification and naradaman is taking care of the PHP. I'm still hopeful we'll have our first alpha by the first week of February but we may have to delay just because I know the community is doubting it can be pulled off and if we lose their trust early we might not get it back...

Comment

Man, sounds like all the nuts and bolts are coming together but it's the icing on the cake that's slowing you down.
                  "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Yea, everything is rocking at the moment. I hope that it's successful or we've wasted a lot of time. ;)

I hope to surprise the gaming community with this one and hopefully be able to bring more playing into Company of Heroes. Right now, we get around 60 unique hits a day which is a pretty good size war, but I think we could easily get to a few hundred if it's successful.

My ultimate goal is to complete this then see about the possibility of doing the same thing for other RTS game like SupCom, World in Conflict, C&C3, etc... Monopolizing the market... ;)

Comment

We have opened up the control panel testing to those that visited our site and requested it. If you are interested in helping test the control panel, please let us know.

What this test entails:

* Registration for the war done via the website. This includes selecting your division name, your doctrine, and your side (Axis or Allies).

* Company creation. You can build up to five separate companies to take into battle. All player companies will have the same amount of resources allocated to them for purchases.

* Platoons. Breakdown your company into platoons to call into the battle when needed. Create Recon platoons to determine your enemies strength and weaknesses, then call in the reinforcements to annihilate them.

* Battle Initiation. Challenge others to a battle using your favorite company. Up to 4v4 matches with your units transferred into the game via a battle-file download.

* Delayed Deployment. Create custom scenarios where the attackers arrive later in the game, or perhaps your partner arrives at a certain point in the game to assist you.

* Two Objectives. Attack/Defend and Neutral Territory.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X