TGU: CoH Clinic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGU: CoH Clinic

Because of some interest from the community here, I'd like to try to set up a once-a-week clinic for Company of Heroes.

Right now, I really don't have any plan for how such an event would work, since there's no way to have spectators in CoH game servers. The only idea I have is to set up a mentor/mentee type of program where a newer player partners with a more experienced player for a 2v2 match, and the mentor explains unit usage, build orders, map tactics, etc... in Teamspeak to their partner.

[edit] I just thought of another idea - Perhaps we could have everyone submit a replay that they'd like reviewed as well, and have everyone hop in Teamspeak to critique gameplay. Syncing shouldn't be a big problem since it seems to work with mp3 shoutcasts.

Obviously over time everyone will improve and we can continue these clinics to continue building skills and developing new tactics.

Please specify days of the week and times you are typically available and we'll go from there. Please also give any ideas you have for a framework for these training sessions. I'm having a hard time of coming up with a good way to help people build practical experience without going through the normal frustration of getting owned online when you're a beginner.

Thanks.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Re: TGU: CoH Clinic

I will be available all day today and the early part of the evening. ALso, I clicked on one of the links I seen in the replay section so that I could watch how some of you do things but was expecting it to just bring up the vid but it didn't. Do I need to sign up in order to watch replays?
    PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie420 View Post
      I will be available all day today and the early part of the evening. ALso, I clicked on one of the links I seen in the replay section so that I could watch how some of you do things but was expecting it to just bring up the vid but it didn't. Do I need to sign up in order to watch replays?
      Please let me know which days of the week and a range of times that typically work for you so we can square one away.

I'll start actually. My best night is Thursdays for sessions starting between 6-9pm.

As for the replay downloads, there's a little box on the upper right part of the page where you need to enter a confirmation number, then press the start download button. It's kind of hard to spot.

Comment

I'd be interested in this. Let us all know when you schedule it. I may not be able to today, but maybe the next class.

Comment

You could do a 2v2 or 3v3 or 4v4 with one experienced guy on each side who doesn't play at all, instead giving advice to the team. Not sure how well it would work, but it might.
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

icky's idea is pretty good. i like this idea to, its a lot easier to learn this way.
            |TG-Irr|TanithGhost
            100 pixels height is too small people.

Comment

C'mon folks! Lets get some days and times.

Comment

Mon, Wed, Fri - Anytime after 6pm est
                tue, thur - Anytime after 3pm est
                sat, sun - anytime.
                |TG-Irr|TanithGhost

Comment

Well, since I haven't really gotten too many responses here, I'll throw out a time:

Wednesadys from 6:30-9:30pm eastern time starting 1/17 (this Wednesday).

Any takers?

Comment

I would be very interested in these clinics and the time you have selected is good for me. I purchased Company of Heroes just a few weeks ago and have only played through the tutorial. It would be nice to have a mentor, so to speak, to teach me some of the basics in greater depth.

Comment

I bought it and liked it a lot, but I haven't had the time to do much more than a few levels in the campaign, but I don't think I'll make it back around to it during the primetime.

Comment

that time sounds good.
                        |TG-Irr|TanithGhost

Comment

I'll be on for a bit tonight too if anyone wants to play some 2v2's and then review the replays to look at what we could have done better.

Comment

ill be on tonight. IM even on right now.
                            |TG-Irr|TanithGhost

Comment

Ok guys - for all who plan on attending tonight, this is how it will work!

I'd like to see everyone partner up for some 2v2 games. People who are a bit newer will partner up with more experienced players, and we can either play eachother or find some pickup games. Teams will draw up a basic strategy and try to implement it successfully. Then we'll save the replays of the matches and immediately go back over them in teamspeak to figure out our mistakes, look at what went right, and figure out if the strategy worked or whether it bombed. We might need to migrate into other vacant TS channels to do this if there are too many people. I'd like everyone to stay with the partner they have for at least a few weeks of these events.

Anyway, hopefully we'll have a few people show up! If you have a copy of CoH collecting dust right now, this could be a good way to get your feet wet in online play! The goal of tonight's session is primarily to have fun, and secondarily to get better at CoH so everyone can get more enjoyment out of it into the future.

If you're interested in joining us, I will be in the CoH teamspeak channel starting at around 6pm this evening, and I hope to get things rolling by 6:30 or 7:00pm Eastern time. These will continue each Wednesday at the same time as long as we have the support.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X