I beat the #9 allied player!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I beat the #9 allied player!

I setup a ranked match and unfortunately got a guy named Mroczny. I knew i had seen his name before, so i assumed he was very good. I got my ass handed to me and lost pretty quickly to his BAR rifleman. At the end of that game i told him i wanted revenge so i invited him to an unranked 1 vs 1. After these two games, i found out his position was #9 on the allied ladder, and he has 97 wins, 15 losses.

In the rematch i again got owned by his BAR infantry. I actually wound up losing every single tier 1 unit by about the 12 minute mark. However, i had a steady flow of feul at that point, and my comeback was pretty great.

As far as my strategy goes, in the early game i try to use my tier 1 units to secure my own feul and cut off his like any axis player would. Then i try to get pumas/stugs supported by whatever T1 units i have left and stormtroopers. My SS go behind their lines either to destroy idle units with nades, or AT guns. While all of that is going on, i get level 3 veterancy for armor so that not only are my stugs very strong, but in the late game i can get two tiger aces out in quick succession with even more SS support.

If you have an account at gamereplays.org , this is a faster download.

If you dont have a GR account, here is the upload.

Re: I beat the #9 allied player!

Nice i gotta see this.

Edit: very nice, i wanna play now. Santa come play with me.
    Last edited by HybridNinja; 01-21-2007, 08:48 PM.
    |TG-Irr|TanithGhost
    100 pixels height is too small people.

Comment

Sweet replay, your puma and stug micro is great. That replay kind of shows the weakness of BAR's - maybe more the weakness of fully upgraded rifles. You had 2 Pumas and 2 Stugs on the field (I believe upgraded to at least 1 veterancy) before you even saw his first Sherman. That really crippled his teching and your Pumas and Stugs made him pay.
      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I could be wrong, but i dont think i got any veterancy upgrades until i saw a sherman. I didnt want to do it too early because theres a certain point where you need more units on the field instead of more veteran units. I think his first tank was an M10, but i had two stugs at that point and i quickly killed it. He used his M10 like a Sherman, instead of using it as a hit and run tank.

Your right about the BARs. An allied player that fully upgrades his rifleman expects to win after 15 minutes. Cut the axis player completely off from his feul because he simply has better units on the field. He wasnt able to cut off my right side fuel, so my first two pumas absolutely dominated his rifleman when they came out.

These are the veterancy upgrades for tanks:

1) Building KKC: 100 MP, 30 fuel

2) Veteran Tanks: 100 MP, 30 fuel, -15% damage taken

3) Crack Tanks: 300 MP, 50 fuel, Adds a turreted MG42 HMG.

4) Elite Tanks: 300 MP, 70 fuel, -25% penetration on incoming shots, add armored skirts to protect flanks and rear.

Note: Do not build pumas after you have Veteran Tanks. The stug is better at the Pumas role at this point, especially because the MG42 HMG can suppress. The puma cannot suppress.

I think every axis player should incorporate the KKC in their strategies. The weapons and vehicles upgrades i dont feel are worth it because they become obsolete near the late game, though. But if you have a heavy dependence on T2, fully upgrade the infantry. They are amazing at this point, and they will even tell ya if arty is on their location after one upgrade. Add that to Inspired Assault from the terror doctrine and rifleman will literally get on their knees and beg for mercy. If you do a T2- to either T3 or T4 strat, upgrade both infantry and tanks to either veterancy 1 or 2. Just be creative and make the KKC adapt to your strategy.

Comment

My mistake, it was an M10. My memory is starting to go or something. In any case, good job. I need to figure out how to work that KKC in to my team games. It always seems like I'm struggling too hard to pump out Stugs and Pumas to spare the resources.
          "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
          He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I will watch this later.

Did he go airborne at all? That would have saved him.

I played against Inubasha recently. The match was fairly even until he demo rushed my base. I dunno wth I was thinking at the time I had like three volks squads if I retreated them his engines would have been owned and I would have killed his halftrack. I can be so stupid at times.

Edit: Evo just do what I do. I look at team games as nothing more then a 1v1 with extra players. I break the map down into sectors and push in the direction I should be moving. I don't think you need that many Stugs/Pumas. One puma and two stugs work fine for me. Then again don't listen to me since I always try to win with the least ammount of force needed.
            RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
            TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
            "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
            "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Very nice game, I learned a lot by watching. He had a nice mine trick by the flags, I'm going to do that.

He did go Airborne, but I don't understand why he wasted so many resources on weapons drops mid-game. Also not a single paratroop unit: I understand they're expensive to keep reinforced, but having one or two units with recoilless rifles might have helped towards the end.

His tank micro was terrible, and as mentioned Santa yours was really well done. Close to the end he had a nice trap set up with a couple AT guns, poked his sherman through the wall and hoped you'd come after him. Nice patience and flanking with the Volks.

My favorite moment was early in the game where you put an MG42 in the crapper. Talk about ****ting bullets.

Thanks for sharing, man!
              Last edited by Boot; 01-28-2007, 05:37 PM. Reason: Don't want a ticket from the grammar police.

Comment

By "weapons drops" do you mean the supplies that come down with the mortar and MG? Picking those up actually gives you some amount of munitions and fuel, so its wise to just spam those in your base whenever theyre ready.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X