Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Company of Heroes 1.7 DX10 Patch Out..Sucks.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company of Heroes 1.7 DX10 Patch Out..Sucks.

I installed the CoH 1.7 patch which adds some DX10 support. So far, I have crashed 3x, my framerate is much lower than when using DX9 at comparable settings, I am uanble to see any projectiles in game (artilery, flamethrowers, .50cal M/G, etc), and the movement is jerky as if I am in a lagging internet game (this is in single player).
    Twisted Firestarter
    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
    sigpic

Re: Company of Heroes 1.7 DX10 Patch Out..Sucks.

Hence the reason why I refuse to install my free upgrade of vista. Until they get their stuff sorted out I'm avoiding it like the plague.

Comment

I have just XP, but all the patch did was set my settings to the highest without notifying me. Needless to say, i lost my first match because i couldnt do a damn thing with 5 fps.

Comment

Update: The latest beta nVidia driver, 158.45, has a CoH specific fix which fixes the lag and the missing visuals. Grab it at

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_158.45.html
        Twisted Firestarter
        a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
        sigpic

Comment

Twisted, do the new drivers make a noticable difference?

Comment

dl/ing now

edit - Well, it works...i had to tone down a lot of my settings to get it to run without any lag. Kinda pointless to make it look better just to make it run like crap...it doesnt even look ThAT much better
            Last edited by Snail88; 06-01-2007, 07:11 PM.

Comment

dang even with the oc'd cpu and a 8800gtx!?

Comment

yup im playing in dx9 for now since i can max out the settings and it looks almost as good

Comment

that's whack man!
                  I can't wait till I get my C2D. Hopefully, it's the CPU that is bottlenecking.

Comment

im not sweatin it...im waiting for Crysis to really amass criticizism toward dx10. This was simply a patch whereas Crysis is being built up from the ground to run dx10 so it better damn well run smoothly. The whole point of dx10 mostly is to get better performance, a la more fps with the same fidelity.

Comment

On the Crysis point.
                      I honestly don't think a single 8800GTX is gonna cut it. I figure atleast SLI/crossfire and a really kickin cpu is going to be required to run that game on a good fidelity.

Comment

This doesn't sound good. I used to be able to run CoH on the highest settings with zero lag and never had any missing textures unless it was a game screwup. (the demo patch comes to mind)

Comment

Update: I had no problems with the new patch, it increased my performance by a factor of about 2.5. I ran everything on high before and got about 25 or so fps, now I am getting almost 60 consistently no matter how much action/destruction is going on. I also installed the new nvidia drivers before I installed the patch. I don't know if that means anything in the grand scheme but though it was worth passing along.

Comment

Originally posted by Morganan View Post
                            Update: I had no problems with the new patch, it increased my performance by a factor of about 2.5. I ran everything on high before and got about 25 or so fps, now I am getting almost 60 consistently no matter how much action/destruction is going on. I also installed the new nvidia drivers before I installed the patch. I don't know if that means anything in the grand scheme but though it was worth passing along.
                            Remind me again what DX 10 does for this game? I'm debating whether or not to reinstall Vista. I went back to Xp when I was having some sound issues. Knowing that CoH will look great and run smoothly with an 8800GTX might convince me to reinstall Vista. That and the fact creative released a new driver for their X-Fi extreme music cards.

Comment

I run on XP, and it couldn't possibly run smoother then it does right now.

I have no idea what they changed, but I'm impressed with the performance upgrade.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X