I beat warchildSurprise!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I beat warchildSurprise!

Holy CRAP what a match! He is ranked #2 in the world, with an allies record of 245 wins, 24 losses.

Heres the download... http://www.gamereplays.org/community...owtopic=254992

Re: I beat warchildSurprise!

huzzah
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Wow..

Comment

I got my ass handed to me by Razor.

Downloading now.

Edit: I wish I could be as good as you. I wonder what on earth crossed his mind when he decided infantry company though.
        Last edited by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom; 06-21-2007, 02:59 AM.
        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
        TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
        "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

He probably picked infantry because of a few replays of Sepha doing it, and because he noticed i was defensive (and therefore would not have a tiger). Sepha picks infantry a lot and completely rapes everyone with it. What i think Surprise coulda done was get a sniper on hold fire, and put him right next to my 88. This way he would have LOS on my stuff and the artillery would have been much more effective. Even so, the pios + volks stationed right near it would have solved that problem.

Had he gone armor, calliopes would probably have come out first since pershings weren't needed to take care of tigers. Calliopes are slightly more effective against 88s, but I still dont think it would have overcome the pios and volks stationed near it.

If he went airborne I would have laughed.

I really like this strategy though. If i start on the bottom, I go for both +16 munitions in the early game. If i get both, its pretty much over. If i dont, i put all of my focus on getting the left side and the defensible middle. Then I put an 88 on the crossroads. That position is good because it has good line of sight, you can put your units easily at the outskirts of its range without being exposed, and there is red cover around it which means infantry rushes on the 88 usually end badly, which is what happened in the replay. The best part, though, is how the 88 forces the other player into really predictable kill zones where he doesnt have good cover, but I do. Throw some defensive arty on the church munition points and you have yourself a very tough nut to crack.

Comment

He should have thought of that a lot sooner.

Still picking the worst company out of the three at like the mid point of the game seems very dumb. Especially considering Infantry is an early game doctrine.

This is the first time i have seen the nerfed 105. I wonder what three of them do now before they used to slaughter bases.

I think armor would have been the better choice. Calliopes would have been great. Hell even the right hand side of airborne would have been good. Granted you had all of the high munition points.
            RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
            TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
            "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
            "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Entertaining to watch. The off-map arty you called in on those points was very nice, too bad not all of his units were right in the middle. It woulda also been nice to have a mortar for when all his units were in that choke point by the river and hedgerow, would have made for some juicy mortar kills with all the units bunched up. Good replay, awesome job as always! :)

Comment

Nice job Santa, now you are my hero even more than the REAL Santa.
                Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X