Angoville MG tips?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angoville MG tips?

Alright guys- I need your help. Angorville is such a pain for me as Allies. The standard move for the Axis is to setup an MG immediately at the forward building by the control points immediately adjacent to my base on the north side. I try to concentrate on everything east of the road in an effort to avoid it; however, by the time Iím ready to take out the MG nest, my opponent has control of the west and is able to overrun me on the east. Any tips?

My standard roll out is with 2 engineers and one infantry squad. I have the 1st engineer immediately build barracks to pump out my first infantry unit. The 2nd engineer works to cap the resources before the Axis MG unit is in place. Once I the points are capped I shift all 3 units to the east. My overall strategy at the start is to use both engineers and the infantry unit to attack/counter attack single units through numbers. It was generally successful with new players and some novice. At this point, Iím constantly being matched with decent to veteran players.

Re: Angoville MG tips?

Have you tried slamming your mouse in frustration?
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I would suggest going with the 1 engineer start. Have that guy make your barracks, then pump 3 rifle squads out. I also suggest going after the left side of the map as with the axis making an MG quickly and garrisoning him, he looses a lot of capping power across the map, which he is hoping to make up by having you not cap points and instead deal with his mg. you can also swing across and cut off his entire income by taking the strat point near the lower right victory point. Then diverge by either bypassing that point and concentrating on the western side of the map and getting BAR's with your first 60 fuel, or get a WSC/sniper and remove that pesky MG team. I personally would suggest going with the BAR's and avoiding it, therefore marginalizing the move and cutting off his income via the strategic point.

As the game progresses then you can get nades after BAR's and flank the MG team from 2 sides or just get the depot and go Ht's or M8's and make him run for his life.

Comment

Good advice. I've never tried 1:3 ratio of engineers and infantry at the start. Have you had any success with building WPS 1st and having your MG squad cover engineers? Or is it safer to stay with the barracks option in the beginning?

Comment

Dont ever start with a WSC. Its a support center, so use it to support your rifleman later on in the game.

Morganan's start is great and use that if you are comfortable with it.

For me, i have my first engineer build a barracks. When he is done, he captures the +5 fuel, the +10 munitions, the strat point, and then if possible, the +16 munitions on the far right. My second engineer goes to the left side and captures the +16 munitions. My first rifle squad captures the strat point linking that munitions to my base. I like splitting my engineers on both sides because they are better than pios, and this guarantees you get a foothold on at least one side early on.

From that point on, I do things based on what my opponent does. If he puts an MG in that building you were talking about, then i avoid him and capture his southern strat point. This is easier to do because he has an MG doing nothing up north and you therefore have a man advantage everywhere else. Overall though, you need to be comfortable with your start and make sure that it has 100% effectiveness.

If later on in the game you need to take out that MG in the northern building, its actually not too difficult. If you have two rifle squads with nades, send one squad either north of the building, west of it, or in one of the adjacent buildings. Once that squad takes fire, your other squad can come from an angle at least 90 degrees away and can nade the building. Alternatively, you can have a rifle squad take the fire and have a flamer kill the guys in the building.

Comment

WSC start is only effective if you can bottleneck your opponent and make up for your lack of capping power by denying him capping power. Think Seminois and garrisoning a building over your enemies bridge.

As allied, you get probably the best overall unit in the game with riflemen, not making at least 4-6 squads early on will hurt you severely unless you are trying a seminois pinch strat. They are flexible, cheap to reinforce and quite effective in dealing with almost any threat in the early to mid game.

Comment

Sorry to interrupt, but seeing as this is a Tips thread..

Can someone tell me why my sniper sometimes becomes uncloaked and stays that way for some time, even when there are no vehicles around? :(

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

im sure someone else might tell you better, but i believe the more shots he takes in a row, the longer it rakes for him to re-cloak. If theres any enemy close, he'll uncloak also.

Comment

I believe barbwire, sandbags, and tank traps also make the sniper uncloaked. Also, make sure to always have the sniper on hold fire. The only time where you wouldn't want him on hold fire is in a gigantic firefight where you really need him taking out a lot of people without your micro. Finally, do not put him inside a building at any time because he loses his cloak and its like attracting bugs to a light.

EDIT: Speaking of tips, if anyone wants to PM me a replay of theirs ill be happy to look at it and give ya pointers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
                    Sorry to interrupt, but seeing as this is a Tips thread..

Can someone tell me why my sniper sometimes becomes uncloaked and stays that way for some time, even when there are no vehicles around? :(
                    It's a bug, I've had it happen to me a few times, just uncloak/recloak and he will be fine. If he recloaks after a shot while in sight range of someone even if he moves out of range he doesn't generally recloak without you manually resetting it. Sometimes he does, and sometimes he doesn't. Best thing I can say is do it manually to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
                      Also, make sure to always have the sniper on hold fire. The only time where you wouldn't want him on hold fire is in a gigantic firefight where you really need him taking out a lot of people without your micro. Finally, do not put him inside a building at any time because he loses his cloak and its like attracting bugs to a light.
                      Best advice ever for using a sniper. They are a huge investment manpower-wise and loosing him when you make one early on is generally a guaranteed loss.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalRoach View Post
                        Good advice. I've never tried 1:3 ratio of engineers and infantry at the start. Have you had any success with building WPS 1st and having your MG squad cover engineers? Or is it safer to stay with the barracks option in the beginning?
                        I'll lay out a basic opening..

given eng's make your barracks, then go to cap the high mun point due south of your base.
                        As soon as that barracks is done, make a rifle squad, that caps the strat point that connects the high mun point your eng's are going after, both cap within 5 seconds of each other.
                        your second rifle squad can be made as soon as the first one is done when starting with only 1 eng, and that is your advantage. Once rifle's #2 is done building, send him to cap the +5 fuel/mun on the right side of the map. They can easily do this while staying out of MG range of that house.
                        Back to eng squad and rifle #1. Eng squad caps the high fuel, while the rifles immeadiately go hunting for pio squads on the left side. Early on in the game, only an idiot doesn't instantly retreat a solo pio squad from a rifle squad the minute the rifles start firing. Once you have swept thru the points and forced those eng's to retreat move right down to his +5 fuel/mun, and cut these off. Congratulations, you now have complete control over 1 side of the map, your enemy will now have to react to you, giving you the advantage. His options are either
                        A) send all fighting units to the "left side" to push you back.
                        or
                        B) give up on the left side for now and concentrate on holding the entire "right side".

Back to that second rifle squad, once you capped the +5 fuel/mun, stay clear of that house and move around the VP to the east and move down to either the high fuel, or the lower-right strat point. If you can cut him off from that fuel one way or another for just 1 minute, you will have such a huge fuel advantage you can almost tech with impunity while still affording to keep a modest sized army in the field.

From the minute the game goes "live" until about the 6 minute mark, it is about establishing a solid resource income, which is referred to as map control, and also denying your opponent the same. Putting a MG in a house that covers 2 strat points and most of a VP isn't accomplishing that, so make him pay for that.

Comment

Beautiful- Thanks again Morganan. I'm going to implement the strategy today.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X