Smoke Mortor Rounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke Mortor Rounds

Quick questions about utilizing smoke: Is it better to use mortor smoke rounds on your units or to use them on their units? How effective is the smoke? Is it an advantage to use smoke as a buffer between your units and theirs or is it better to drop it on the units themselves (theirs OR yours)?

Re: Smoke Mortor Rounds

I have never found smoke mortar rounds effective for any situation, nor have i seen someone use them in a game. I think theyre supposed to stop suppression or something, but my troops get suppressed inside of the smoke anyway. If its supposed to decrease enemy accuracy, my troops still get hurt substantially within it.

BUT, mortars are an extremely effective unit against infantry and a lot of the time they can win the game for you. Put them in a safe place where they can hit troublesome buildings, bunkers, or to help out in a firefight. If your enemy stays still in a firefight, he gets mortared and his squads get demolished quickly. If he moves to avoid the mortar fire, he comes out of cover thus letting your infantry take over. Something else to consider is that its much more accurate with line of site, as is any form of artillery.

If my enemy gets a mortar, i make it a priority to either mortar his mortar, snipe it, or to kill it somehow.

Comment

Good to know. I find myself daydreaming at work lately of how I could've won last night's ranked match (am I the only one?). Smoke came to mind as I thought of the many of the various scenarios that might've made a difference.

Comment

The only thing smoke is good for would be for example your rifleman squad wanting to cap a point a puma is covering. Smoke only effect's normal direct fire units. Any form of artillery or special attack smoke will have zero effect on.

Units get suppressed by MG's because the suppression there is best described as an "AoE move". Any unit within a certain area of the line of fire will get suppressed whether they get hit or not. Think of it like the difference between red and yellow cover, which isn't much of a factor anyway. The issue is there is never a situation you would want that mortar firing smoke instead of live shells.

The smoke used to be like a force-field, thus why it got changed to what it is today.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X