X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAR Tuesday, July 24th 11:00 p.m. PST

Participants: Gabriel, Clawhammer, IMI-50, Me
    Map: Lyon 2v2

Last night we had a good 2v2 round with Gabriel and IMI-50 teamed up against Clawhammer and myself. Lyon can be a tough turtling match since the east and west end are only accessible by three bridges in the middle with a forth infantry bridge in the south. With this in mind, our strategy was to get across early on to keep the heat in their backyard instead of ours and to prevent them from turtling or massing their armor.

Claw was to the south. He set some of his units to defend the two southernmost bridges. Gabriel popped up on our map early when he placed an MG squad to prevent Claw’s units from advancing across the southern infantry bridge. Fortunately for us, we were able to get engineers across the middle bridges before IMI and Gabe completely closed us off. I was somehow able to establish a forward base briefly and pumped out some infantry units immediately. IMI quickly countered this move by covering my forward base’s only access point with an MG squad; unfortunately, for my forward base, I picked a building with a concrete fence and the only way out was blocked by his MG. I lost the forward base soon after his MG squad was reinforced.

Clawhammer on the other hand couldn’t get a forward base established. While the battle between IMI and myself was going on to his north, he was being the sneaky bastard that he is and started to cap their resources. When my forward base fell, I lost all my units on that side except for one engineer with less than a hair of health left in his bar. This brave guy helped to cap flags while IMI was concentrating on the northernmost bridge again. With practically all the resources controlled by us, I was able to start building a Croc Sherman relatively quickly. I told Claw to ready his infantry units for a big push once I get the Croc up. We shifted our units to concentrate on an attack on the north end again. The Crock’s dozer didn’t have a problem with the barriers and our troops poured in once it was cleared. It was a little tense for a second as we rammed our units across and began to establish our forward perimeter. In a desperate attempt to stop our advance, IMI decided to build goliaths to blow up the north bridge. Fortunately for us, I had mines placed in just the right spots. His goliaths weren’t a threat…I took pleasure in watching them disappear into oblivion <wink wink IMI>.

They used two Panzer Tanks in their last attempt to push us off. However, by this time, the Victory Points were heavily in our favor. The victory point clock wound down before the Panzer’s were able to make a move. It was a great game for Clawhammer and I, we haven’t teamed up in a while. Admittedly, we had an advantage since Axis was IMI’s handicap team, plus I knew IMI’s strategy from past skirmishes. Good times.
    Here’s the playback link:
    http://www.uploading.com/en/files/TB...48_27.rec.html
    Last edited by NorCalRoach; 07-25-2007, 02:40 PM.

Re: AAR Tuesday, July 24th 11:00 p.m. PST

Nice AAR. I'll give the replay a watch when I get home. For some reason or another, I've never played Lyon. I thought that was a 1v1 map?
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

It started as a 1 v 1 map, and then the developers realized how insane that was and now its an option for both 1 v 1 and 2 v 2. Its just too damn big and too many resource points for 1 v 1.

Comment

Heh, Lyon 1v1 comes down to who controls the fuel on the isolated side of the map, whomever controls the 2 fuels and the strat point always wins.

I'm not a huge fan of the team games because I feel the Americans have a huge advantage in a 2v2 as one player goes barracks, the other WSC and you can simply dominate the early game. That early mortar can and usually is a game-decider as you can push the Germans back from whatever position they might want to try and hold as they have no reliable counters to a fast mortar in a 2v2 game.

I don't mean to be negative about your replay, just ranting a bit, sorry for bringing it to your thread. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Morganan View Post
          ....I don't mean to be negative about your replay, just ranting a bit, sorry for bringing it to your thread. :)
          Instead of bringing it to the thread you should bring it to the game ;) Seriously, hop on sometime soon and help us out. We could use your wisdom as most of us are still noobs just trying to have a good time with a great game.

Comment

When do you normally play? what name do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Morganan View Post
              When do you normally play? what name do you use?
              I normally play later in the evening around 9 p.m. PST if I'm not playing POE. My ingame name is the same (NorCalRoach). Hope to play w/ you sometime this week.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X