Opposing Fronts Beta is out!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opposing Fronts Beta is out!

Downloading now from Fileplanet...impressions to follow...

Re: Opposing Fronts Beta is out!

Sweet...I'm on it!

Comment

Installed on vista, and it won't connect to a server, also, it was nice I had to use the cmd prompt to install this.

Comment

While I will play the beta I think I will be sitting this one out.
        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
        TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
        "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Wait- do you have to have the beta to use the download? It looked like it was a patch to the beta. Am I reading that wrong?

Comment

worked for me. There was a few patches to get automatically but after that i was good too go. Didnt really play too much but will once i get back from work.

Comment

I have only connected to one game thus far. I think Relic is trying out a new netcode and it's causing havoc.
              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

The main problem is they aren't filtering out games in progress so it's quite difficult to get any kind of connection. Especially since they don't give a reason why the connection fails. You have to refresh the browser a few times to find servers with a ping listing. Those are ones that the game hasn't started.

If you arrange games via the lobby you have no problems connecting and playing.

Comment

if anyone has the beta and is up for a game just to try the new factions out im down.

Comment

I got to 1 netgame so far but disconnected but we should get a comp stomp game going, I need to learn new units

But all the games I try to connect with latest patch still disconnected or failed..

Comment

Relic has one hell of a balancing ahead of them with not just these 2 factions against each other, but vs. the old factions as well.

I like how they have switched things up with these new faction's but I personally think they will have one hell of a tough time balancing the game between all 4 "sides" in everything from 1v1's to 4v4's. Wehrmacht will be almost forced to go T1/Vet/Blitz whenever a Brit is in the game in a mixed match. Brit's have the counter to everything up thru T2 from their first building which they can quickly move to a high Mun spot and get some serious infantry upgrades going.

Americans vs. PE will force Americans to start with WSC and a lot of engineer's. Riflemen can't be the focus as to push back the early vehicle rushes you will want AP rounds out of the MG and flamer's for infantry. The PE can have vehicles out very quickly and their base unit is made to spam a bit early on.

I believe Relic will get the balance right in the end, but there will be some frustration for us, the players until we get there.

Comment

That is why I am not getting the game. Between DOW and CoH I find Relic's attempts at balance just horrible. They can't get it right with two factions I can't expect them to get it right with four. Between that and all the other games I am gonna sit this one out.

I personally wouldn't want to use WSC against the PE mainly because of those flame nades. I think in that case I would have to leave my MGs out in the open which has the added benefit of AP rounds. Actually now that you mention it I think this will make Airborne a more attractive choice since you can get RRs and it will help out Infantry company depending on if Relic fixed it.
                        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

yeah right now that seems to be the heated discussion for balance if vanilla coh players have British and American airborne units and what so ever./... but PE in beta is kinda weak... Brits have just tons of arty to use and any noob could just dig in and arty the map until nothing is viewable

Comment

i just want to beat up on the comp so im gettin it. :D

Comment

See, I don't think the PE is weak, I think the Brit's are the weak "race" in this expansion. For the Brit's to win they have to drag the match out and look for a win based off VP's. While that's all well and good, it makes for 45m to hour+ games which makes it less then fun IMO. The Brit's are meant to take a small hunk of territory and survive off that. I mean, 1 fuel, 2 munition and 1 strat point is plenty for the Brit's to work from early on. The PE can mass PG's and a HT or two and roll over any forward Brit strongpoint with relative ease in the first 5 minutes of the game. The Brit emplacements cost pop cap, so with a few adjustments there I think they will be right in line. I feel a slight reduction in the infantry section's MP cost along with an increase in the cost of the flame-nades will go a long way in balancing them vs. the PE early game. The other main issue that needs to be addressed is the pop cap disparity the Brit's have vs. anyone else. The Brit's have +18 to +26 pop cap (depending on the Leut's vet) over anyone else assuming equal territory under their control. Once a Brit gets to T2 with about half the map, the PE is screwed.

My issue with the balance will come down the same as it always has.

1) Anything more then 1v1 games will be borked as the game balance is built around 1v1. PG's/Flamers/MG42's vs. any allied combo will rock their world. I am assuming they will limit "overflow resources" to only 1 upgrade/node. (meaning you couldnt op a point as Americans then park your command truck there as Brit's and research extra resources and get all that extra income) If they allow that look for 5 minute croc's from Americans which will maul anything the Germans can have in 5 minutes.

2) The maps are the limiting factor in the end. In 1v1's currently, there are 2 good maps. Lyon, Sturmzdorf and the map with 4 VP's who's name escapes me are all bad for competitive play. The new 1v1 map was a total and complete waste of devolopment time/money and anyone at Relic that thinks that is a good map needs to be fired.

See, I think the game currently is pretty balanced for 1v1 on Ango and Sem, but that's where the game's balance both begins and ends.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X