Company of Heroes Scrimmage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company of Heroes Scrimmage

Before Opposing Fronts comes out we’re saying good bye to the old Company of Heroes (CoH) Tactical Gamer style! Sign up today for a CoH scrimmage! We’re proposing to have 2v2, 3v3, or even 4v4 matches playing simultaneously, depending on how many people sign up. The matches will be for two friendly rounds on maps To Be Determined.

This is the 1st time we’ve done something like this for CoH and in order to make this a success we’re asking veteran players to step up and be team leaders. We’ll assign players to team leaders. All player levels are welcomed!!!! Once the teams are established, the team leaders are encouraged to practice their strategies and tactics together on the selected map(s) with their team before game day. We’ll work to balance the teams so that the veteran players can assist the less experienced players.

Game day: Sunday, September 23, 2007
    Game time: 11 a.m. Pacific/ 2 p.m. Eastern
    Match Type (e.g. 2v2, 3v3): TBD
    Map(s): TBD
    Rounds: 2

This is relatively short notice so sign up today! Signups close 8 p.m. Eastern, Sunday, September 9th. Please don’t sign up unless you can commit to playing on game day for a few rounds. I’ll post a team roster and game maps shortly after signups close.

To sign up, post the following:
    1. Name
    2. Indicate Yes or No for being a team leader
    3. Preferred army (Axis, Allies or both)
    4. Your experience level (Veteran, Experienced, or Rookie. Be honest. This will be the main factor in determining team placement- don’t sell yourself short by saying you’re a rookie if you’ve got experience playing multi-players)

Let’s have some fun showing each other what we’ve learned this past year. Teamwork and planning will be keys to success. Hopefully this will be the 1st of more scrimmages to come once Opposing Fronts is released.

Re: Company of Heroes Scrimmage

Name: Morgan (I'm assuming you mean in-game name)
    Yes for being team leader.
    Preferred army? Both with a slight leaning to Axis.
    Experience: veteran to experienced. I don't have a ton of experience in team games, mostly 1v1's here.

Comment

Name: Stickyjeans69
      No to being a Team Leader
      Preferred army: Axis
      Experience: 100% f'ing noob

Comment

Name: EvoSiNz
        Team leader: No
        Preferred Army: Allies (barely)
        Experience: Experienced.

It is going to be REALLY tough for me to squeeze in time to play in the evenings during the week though. My fiance and I are planning our wedding, and I don't have a whole lot of time to game. It probably won't be a problem if I can let her know a day or three in advance though.

Most of my experience is in 1v1's.
        Last edited by Evo<^|SiNz|^>; 09-05-2007, 08:39 AM.
        "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Name: icky
          Preferred Army: Axis
          Experience: Experienced

I played a bunch of team games last year, but I haven't played any online matches since then. I have never played a 1v1.
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Name: Tempus
            Preferred Army: Allies, but can play both
            Experience: Experienced

Haven't played much in some time.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Name: IMI50AE (I think, I can't remember if I was able to put the dash in or not)
              Team Leader: No for now, but I might backseat-team lead.:row__593:
              Preferred Army: Both, with a slight lean towards Allies.
              Experience: Rookie-ish to experienced, I'm not really sure. Ask NorCal.

I haven't played in a little while, so I'm a bit rusty.
              playing off the TG server feels like we're playing 2142 on easy mode~Fehmart

I'm going to close my eyes until it's over~Experiment, commenting on my driving

"Get it up quickly and beat it hard."~Jonan
              I don't get a bonus DVD? My life has lost all meaning.~Zoopy_T

Comment

1. TG-3rd Ainselie
                2. Indicate Yes or No for being a team leader: No
                3. Preferred army (Axis, Allies or both): Allies
                4. Your experience level: Rookie, but not a complete newbie.

Comment

1. HumanShieldNS
                  2. No for being a team leader
                  3. Preferred army (either)
                  4. Your experience level (Low experienced)

Comment

1. bobik
                    2. No for being a team leader
                    3. Axis
                    4. Vet

Comment

Looks like were getting a we've got 10 people so far. Hoping for a few more, but if we don't in the next day or so I'll post a team roster and the game map. This will give the teams more time to practice together before game day. With 10 people we can have a good 3v3 and 2v2 match going on at the same time.

This is our first time doing this so I'm glad we go as many responses as we did.

Comment

I'm hoping we avoid the "choke" maps or the maps that are basically 3 1v1's going on at the same time. Those are really no fun in my opinion.

No Lyon or Vire River Valley or Seine River Docks.

I in no means am attempting to undermine you here or anything like that, just give a friendly suggestion. I can play those maps and would if I had to but I don't personally think they bring out the "best" in the game from a teamwork standpoint.

Comment

I think St. Hilaire and McGechan's are the best 2v2 maps as far as teamwork is concerned. Lorraine is OK too with all the big battles that happen in the middle.
                          "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                          He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Aww, I like Lyon! Hee hee, NorCal knows how much I like right, what with the games we've played on it. Sometimes, I like nothing better than to blow those bridges and camp the middle. It's a great way to just chill, as long as you watch the blown bridges to make sure the enemy doesn't flank you. Good way to unwind.
                            playing off the TG server feels like we're playing 2142 on easy mode~Fehmart

I'm going to close my eyes until it's over~Experiment, commenting on my driving

"Get it up quickly and beat it hard."~Jonan
                            I don't get a bonus DVD? My life has lost all meaning.~Zoopy_T

Comment

Good way to fall asleep, methinks.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X